Royal Caribbean I truly love you, but COME ON!

These Caribbean itineraries are a total joke. I am so tired of the same old Eastern Caribbean- Bahamas with St. Thomas/St. Maarten and the same old Western- Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel.

There are such better options! I love your ships, I love your crew, but I loathe the generally unchanged itineraries I have sailed for years, to the point that I rarely leave the ship anymore.

What ever happened to Costa Maya, Belize, Roatan, Progresso, etc for Western cruises (aside from Galveston).

What about Samana, St. Kitts, Antigua, the BVI? Or even San Juan for crying out loud! All are easily accessible from the 'same old'.

These Caribbean itineraries are a total joke. I am so tired of the same old Eastern Caribbean- Bahamas with St. Thomas/St. Maarten and the same old Western- Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel.

There are such better options! I love your ships, I love your crew, but I loathe the generally unchanged itineraries I have sailed for years, to the point that I rarely leave the ship anymore.

What ever happened to Costa Maya, Belize, Roatan, Progresso, etc for Western cruises (aside from Galveston).

What about Samana, St. Kitts, Antigua, the BVI? Or even San Juan for crying out loud! All are easily accessible from the 'same old'.

I agree totally !!!!!!

What can us mere mortals do about it ?

We didn't leave the ship on our last cruise to Falmouth, Grand Caymen and Cozumel. I hear you. :(

If you think about what we can do I will participate!

What about if someone penned an e mail that people could copy and paste off this thread (or start another thread called 'e mail Adam Goldstein about ports of call please) and as many people as possible send it with their own details to Adam Goldstein ??

I'd be happy to do a sample e mail or more than happy if you did it Nvtitan24 with you raising it.

Any thoughts ???

We didn't leave the ship on our last cruise to Falmouth, Grand Caymen and Cozumel. I hear you. :(

I only got off in Labadee and Falmouth last May on Freedom (simply for beach days) so I feel the same way. If I ever go Western again, I see myself only getting off in Labadee.

What about one of those online petitions, like iPetition or something? Then a link could be posted here for people to sign or everyone could email friends/family with the link. After a period of time the petition is closed and is sent to RCI. This way they could see that 25,000 (example) people want different itineraries.

Just an idea. . .

What about if someone penned an e mail that people could copy and paste off this thread (or start another thread called 'e mail Adam Goldstein about ports of call please) and as many people as possible send it with their own details to Adam Goldstein ??

I'd be happy to do a sample e mail or more than happy if you did it Nvtitan24 with you raising it.

Any thoughts ???

I am certainly willing to send a letter or email to corporate! Perhaps we would have success as members did with the Diamonds in the CL issue years ago. I was not even a CC member at the time, I heard about it through the Concierge and passengers on Mariner.

I wholeheartedly understand that none of us has to sail Royal Caribbean, but I truly love their product and would like more options from them :o. I feel it would benefit them and us alike. Carnival has beautiful looking itineraries, but I am past the point in my life where I enjoyed Carnivals product.

I would like to sail Allure or Oasis but refuse to do so because of the itineraries (which are more important to me than the ship). Obviously,there are plenty of people who will travel for the ship rather than the ports - staying on the ship rather than going to port is cost beneficial to RCI.

Totally agree also on the same old ports. But we always get off the ship unless it is pouring rain out, if not just to take a walk.

We convince ourselves that we loved RCI so much we are just happy campers being on the ship.

Truth be told, yes it is getting old when you see all the interesting ports other ships are going to.

I got off at Labadee just to get a picture of Allure from shore. 2 minutes later, I was back on ship.

LOL. I must say I cherish that day in Labadee. However, I don't exit the ship in Jamaica or Cozumel, or Nassau or Cococay.

Hmmm... interesting responses "I stay on the ship", "...after two minutes I'm back on the ship". I'm sure Royal prefers you spend your money on the ship, as opposed to a shop in port.

That said... I would like to see other ports as well!

I would like to sail Allure or Oasis but refuse to do so because of the itineraries (which are more important to me than the ship). Obviously,there are plenty of people who will travel for the ship rather than the ports - staying on the ship rather than going to port is cost beneficial to RCI.

I truly do travel for the ship at this point but with some exotic ports, I would be much more inclined to cruise more and cut out all inclusives altogether. What could be better than combing the best ships at sea with the best ports available?

HAL goes to all those islands.. Been there:o

Hmmm... interesting responses "I stay on the ship", "...after two minutes I'm back on the ship". I'm sure Royal prefers you spend your money on the ship, as opposed to a shop in port.

That said... I would like to see other ports as well!

But their 30% cut of a $200 couples excursions equates to much more money than two drinks at the solarium!

Archived