!!! SILHOUETTE !!! Western Caribbean- The Ultimate Review & Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

Just returned from this itinerary Sunday. Your review helped tremendously. Awesome ship and the weather was nearly perfect. Did the Cozumel Bar Hop, Calico Jacks on Grand Cayman, Hilton Rose Hall in JA, and hung out at Columbus Cove in Labadee.

Dan

• 1 month later...
Gambee, After reading your amazing, STELLAR review on the Allure, I'm now going back and reading ALL your reviews.

You are extremely talented at this - hear that all cruise review sites????

Thanks again!! Mary

Thank you :)

What was your question, I do not get what you asked.

I am not sure if everyone gets as excited as I do, but I absolutely love it when I see the little ticker of cruise-ships say SAILING TODAY! How exciting is that?!?!? All that time waiting and it is finally here =).

Screenshot2013-03-24at61531AM_zps0fdc4ba7.png

I love that!! WOOHOO! Gambs (I feel I know you know...lol!) I'm the same. I get so excited that I practically get myself sick!! So silly but cruising for me is like crack for drug addicts.

Mary

We are cruising on the Silhouette in November, and after reading your great review and careful detail to picking your balcony room - we reserved the same room for our cruise!! Just wanted to send along my THANKS! Kay

We are cruising on the Silhouette in November, and after reading your great review and careful detail to picking your balcony room - we reserved the same room for our cruise!! Just wanted to send along my THANKS! Kay

Have a great time!

Hello everyone!

This is Gambee's friend Sarah. I just got in contact with him via email. As some of you may know he is currently on board the Carnival Breeze.

He is aware of the Photobucket issue and will take care of it on Saturday, 5/10 when he gets back in port and disembarks.

Thanks everyone!

Hello everyone!

This is Gambee's friend Sarah. I just got in contact with him via email. As some of you may know he is currently on board the Carnival Breeze.

He is aware of the Photobucket issue and will take care of it on Saturday, 5/10 when he gets back in port and disembarks.

Thanks everyone!

Thanks, Sarah . I was looking back over his Allure review as we just booked for Jan. Love all of his pictures. He seemed to be having a good time on Carnival and I am looking forward to his review like many others.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

81 Pages down! I found your review late in the game, looks like I have a few more reviews to read. We will be on the Eclipse Exotic Caribbean soon. I can't wait to try some specialty restaurants and martini bar now.

I have only read your Allure & Silhouette reviews so far. Hope you make it back to Grand Cayman- we did the Stingray Sailing excursion twice now - thought it was one of the best excursions ever. If you liked holding the little turtles, you will LOVE holding the giant stingrays! It is amazing.

Thanks again for all the beautiful pictures.

81 Pages down! I found your review late in the game, looks like I have a few more reviews to read. We will be on the Eclipse Exotic Caribbean soon. I can't wait to try some specialty restaurants and martini bar now.

I have only read your Allure & Silhouette reviews so far. Hope you make it back to Grand Cayman- we did the Stingray Sailing excursion twice now - thought it was one of the best excursions ever. If you liked holding the little turtles, you will LOVE holding the giant stingrays! It is amazing.

Thanks again for all the beautiful pictures.

Gland you enjoyed it. I did end up going to stingray city, check out my Breeze review for that :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Gambee!

I will be sailing on the Connie in a "sweet 16" cabin next month I just finished your Silliouette review and I also have the premium beverage promo. Question for your mom- how did she keep up with the same number of drinks as you at the martini bar, molecular bar and others? I estimate we are about the same age- and I would love to know her secret! Thanks in advance:)

Hi Gambee!

I will be sailing on the Connie in a "sweet 16" cabin next month I just finished your Silliouette review and I also have the premium beverage promo. Question for your mom- how did she keep up with the same number of drinks as you at the martini bar, molecular bar and others? I estimate we are about the same age- and I would love to know her secret! Thanks in advance:)

Technically, she did not keep up with me. I visited the bars sometimes by myself and had a few drinks without her. On many other occasions she came with me, ordered a drink and just had a few sips, while I had the rest of it. In the end you drink what you feel comfortable with. Order a drink, try it out and if you like it you drink it. Another trick was to ask for drinks with light alcohol, but we only did that with drinks that we knew were very strong. Just go and have fun, forget about keeping up with others. You're there to have a good time and not forget the cruise, like many people do.

Have a great cruise!

Hi Gambee.

Bob and Christine calling from Queensland, AUSTRALIA.

Just read your review of the Silhouette which has inspired us to the point where we are going out and booking a 14 night cruise on a S class ship to the Caribbean. The story accompanied with your fantastic pics were totally absorbing.

Thankyou for sharing your journey with your Mom, and have many many more great cruises, like we do.

Cheers from Downunder.

Bob & Chris.:):):)

This is actually the only panorama I did for this report. It is composed of 6 vertical pictures it came out really nice :)

DSC05299-Edit_zps980b07ce.jpg

Mom loved it.

DSC05296_zpsde7fa0ff.jpg

I got fish and chips,

DSC05285_zpse55e3a8b.jpg

Mom's

DSC05285_zpse55e3a8b.jpg

We also got a shrimp cocktail but the picture came up bad.

And for dessert

DSC05313_zps94454e2a.jpg

By the way those lollipops are cheesecakes, I thought they were marshmallows. So yeah that was unexpected and I am not crazy about cheesecake.

Overall the food was great, everything was very tasty and plenty to go around. This a not to be missed event in X.

Unfortunately, X has eliminated this brunch buffet. I could understand (sort of) the elimination of the grand midnight buffet several years ago, but find the loss of the brunch buffet to be a unnecessary and most unwelcome cutback!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I remember reading your review of Silhouette back when you first did it, and now that I have booked Silhouette for next year...I'm coming back for a refresher!

I love your reviews! They are so insightful and full of excellent information.

Thanks to you, I know I will be prepared!

Hi Gambee, after reading this review several months ago, we booked our first Celebrity Cruise. And like many others often refer to it for information and inspiration. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app