Should we call to see about upgrading

Hello...We are going on the Explorer, May 2nd and have booked a Promenade Cabin, however, since we are now in a position to pay for either a balcony or smaller suite cabin, we would like to do this.

We did book through RCCL directly, but when I go to their website to see what is still available for May 2nd, it says balcony and suites N/A.

Does that truly mean nothing is available in those categories, or, do you think I should call directly and ask that question? I just wasn't sure if the website was totally accurate.

We are NOT looking for a FREE upgrade. We just want to see if we can change to a balcony or suite and pay the difference, even though, someone told us, since we paid a very good rate for our current Promenade room, it isn't worth paying the huge difference at this late date.

Thanks for any help.

Hello...We are going on the Explorer, May 2nd and have booked a Promenade Cabin, however, since we are now in a position to pay for either a balcony or smaller suite cabin, we would like to do this.

We did book through RCCL directly, but when I go to their website to see what is still available for May 2nd, it says balcony and suites N/A.

Does that truly mean nothing is available in those categories, or, do you think I should call directly and ask that question? I just wasn't sure if the website was totally accurate.

We are NOT looking for a FREE upgrade. We just want to see if we can change to a balcony or suite and pay the difference, even though, someone told us, since we paid a very good rate for our current Promenade room, it isn't worth paying the huge difference at this late date.

Thanks for any help.

Call and see what they say.

The balcony and suite cabins are all sold out. You could call and possibly be wait listed for one. You can also check at the port for anything that has become available because of a very late cancellation (it is very rare but it may be worth a chance)

Good luck!!!!

Keep checking the web site every day. It is very possible that either a balcony or a suite will open up before your cruise date. We saw a GS available on a cruise leaving today which only showed up yesterday! All the suites had shown N/A for months. We would have booked it if we hadn't already booked a last minute cruise next month on Jewel.

Archived