Does time change on carnival like ncl?

vols_159

We just got off the Legend this morning and they constantly tell you to stay on "ship time" no matter what. I believe when we got to Honduras they were 2 hours behind us and our tour guide kept poking fun of people for eating lunch at 9am their time lol.

We just got off the Legend this morning and they constantly tell you to stay on "ship time" no matter what. I believe when we got to Honduras they were 2 hours behind us and our tour guide kept poking fun of people for eating lunch at 9am their time lol.

I was on the dawn from Tampa 2 weeks ago and we adjusted time based on island time

Carnival uses ship time not island time. The cd will usually tell you this constantly to make sure you remember. Only time it mattered was when dst came in last year and was on a cruise. Time changed on the Freedom

New question do you find it easier staying on ship time rather than adjusting to island time

it really didnt matter. Just use a watch and that is what time is it. Do not ask anyone what time they have because they may have something completly different. On an excursion on time with about 25 people it was 3 different times

Do not use your cell phone because that will automatically go to the island time

Just off the Paradise - stayed on ship time in Grand Cayman & Cozumel (GC was 1 hour behind & Coz was 2 hrs).

vols_159 - We were on the NCL Sun with you when you got engaged :-)) Did the shore excursion w/Nacho in Belize with you guys.

Only sailed ncl and they adjust time to be on port time last cruise we set clocks back 1 hour 2 straight days than on way home set 2 hours ahead last 2 days.. Does carnival change there time?

I've never seen Carnival change the time during the cruise. They always remind you to stay on ship's time. Notice the clock as you debark in ports.

Just off the Paradise - stayed on ship time in Grand Cayman & Cozumel (GC was 1 hour behind & Coz was 2 hrs).

vols_159 - We were on the NCL Sun with you when you got engaged :-)) Did the shore excursion w/Nacho in Belize with you guys.

I remember you! Great to hear from you.. We have cruised the sun again and now the dawn.. BTW we got married last year! We just got back from Cozumel Belize (went to the ruins and river safari this time) costa maya and roatan just off the ship last sunday!

it really didnt matter. Just use a watch and that is what time is it. Do not ask anyone what time they have because they may have something completly different. On an excursion on time with about 25 people it was 3 different times

Do not use your cell phone because that will automatically go to the island time[/QUOTE]

Actually, I set my phone to stay on my time (ship time), so it does not automatically update to current time.

Carnival uses ship time not island time. The cd will usually tell you this constantly to make sure you remember. Only time it mattered was when dst came in last year and was on a cruise. Time changed on the Freedom

I would have said the same thing - but that was not the case when we were on the Breeze - in February. We definitely were asked to change time - one hour.

It confused a lot of folks - some missed excursions. :o

I remember you! Great to hear from you.. We have cruised the sun again and now the dawn.. BTW we got married last year! We just got back from Cozumel Belize (went to the ruins and river safari this time) costa maya and roatan just off the ship last sunday!

Congrats!! My sister & I just did a last minute (booked a week ahead) 5-day cruise - got back Thursday & already wishing we were going again. We'd definately like to go back to Belize.

Archived