1978 & 1981 P&O Brochures

norn iron

My mother recently uncovered a 1978 and a 1981 P&O UK brochure.

It was fascinating to look back and reminisce to a time when P&O was the kingpin of cruising. Both the Canberra and original Oriana do look very dated compared to todays monolithic ships. It was fascinating looking back at the dress sense and dress code. it's also easy to see how much the food and menus have been downgraded over the years. I accept times and trends change and cruising had to change too.

The other big change was how many long cruises they had with far more sea days than todays average.

If any CC contributor would like these brochures (1978 is in mint condition, 1981 fair to average condition) I will post them to the first person to email me their name and address. My email is da19mf@me.com

David

My mother recently uncovered a 1978 and a 1981 P&O UK brochure.

It was fascinating to look back and reminisce to a time when P&O was the kingpin of cruising. Both the Canberra and original Oriana do look very dated compared to todays monolithic ships. It was fascinating looking back at the dress sense and dress code. it's also easy to see how much the food and menus have been downgraded over the years. I accept times and trends change and cruising had to change too.

The other big change was how many long cruises they had with far more sea days than todays average.

If any CC contributor would like these brochures (1978 is in mint condition, 1981 fair to average condition) I will post them to the first person to email me their name and address. My email is da19mf@me.com

David

The brochures have been requested and will be forwarded

Archived