Does NCL send you luggage tags?

berbet

Or will I have to print my own? If I have to print, are the tags narrow or wide? I'd like to get tag holders and need to know the width. Thanks!

If you are booked in a suite not mini suite you will get tags in the mail. The tags you print are 8.5 X 11 that you fold into a six layer tag that really needs no holder.

I saw many suitcases in the hallway on the Gem 3 weeks ago that had the Ncl printed type. Not the ones you print at home, really the ones we used to get by mail.

I was not in a suite or mini either....I was in regular OV cabin.

So it seems like it is not standard for some reason.

Some people wait and get them at the pier - but I think that's a pain. We just print ours out and use the clear packing tape to "laminate" them. We bring the tape with us and use it to tape the ends of the tags together on our luggage once we are in our port city.

Some people wait and get them at the pier - but I think that's a pain. We just print ours out and use the clear packing tape to "laminate" them. We bring the tape with us and use it to tape the ends of the tags together on our luggage once we are in our port city.

Yup, easy enough to do. Works just as well as the old tags did. :)

After learning the hard way, in addition to laminating the printed tags, I place one inside the suit case right on top in case the tag gets ripped off. A few years ago I found my "lost" bag through guest services late the first night. The tag had gotten torn away and I had no identifier inside the bag. They were holding it waiting for someone to come claim. Of course now that I add one to the inside of the bag, I have not had a tag torn away since.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

After learning the hard way, in addition to laminating the printed tags, I place one inside the suit case right on top in case the tag gets ripped off. A few years ago I found my "lost" bag through guest services late the first night. The tag had gotten torn away and I had no identifier inside the bag. They were holding it waiting for someone to come claim. Of course now that I add one to the inside of the bag, I have not had a tag torn away since.

We always have a printed itinerary inside each bag including carry ons. I also take photos of each bag with the tags attached before we board - just in case. Same for disembarkation. Never needed the photos, so I just delete them when I don't.

Or will I have to print my own? If I have to print, are the tags narrow or wide? I'd like to get tag holders and need to know the width. Thanks!

If you buy the tag holders I would buy the wide ones then you can use them for any cruise line in the future since not all are narrow. The narrow tags shod fit fine in the wide holders

I Have had every type of room and have always got NCL. tags in the mail. Never had to print them.

That used to be the case, until last October or so, when they stopped shipping Welcome Aboard Booklets. No more booklets, no more luggage tags. Only guests staying in suites will receive tags now, tucked inside a Welcome Aboard letter.

I'm glad I read this. Never thought to add identification to the inside of the luggage. However, all my bags have name/address/phone number tags on them.

Thanks for the tips!

If you buy the tag holders I would buy the wide ones then you can use them for any cruise line in the future since not all are narrow. The narrow tags shod fit fine in the wide holders

Yes, that was what I was thinking, too.

Because you booked a suite.

;)

One my "friend" just posted a pic on FB of her luggage tags .... Deck 8.... No suite there... Still she got Ncl's tags...

And like I said earlier, I saw MANY suitcases in hallways where there are no suites, that had the Ncl "original" tags on them.....

It doesn't seem like there is a firm rule on this :(

One my "friend" just posted a pic on FB of her luggage tags .... Deck 8.... No suite there... Still she got Ncl's tags...

And like I said earlier, I saw MANY suitcases in hallways where there are no suites, that had the Ncl "original" tags on them.....

It doesn't seem like there is a firm rule on this :(

Maybe only Lattitudes members get them??? Strange if some get them and not others.

Latitudes level doesn't count for getting bag tags! :mad:

Not sending good bag tags and needing to spend more of your time to create them and make sure they don't fall off is silly and downright cheap of the company. Out of all the cost cutting NCL has done in the last three to five years, this one I think is really the dumbest move they've made thus far.

If you don't reinforce the paper bag tags they will get ripped off easily leading to lost luggage and lost time on your vacation trying to figure out where your luggage is. Other cruise lines (most recently Celebrity) have stopped sending out the cruise booklet but still give people the option of ordering the bag tags if they want them and they are sent in a mailer which is much LESS postage then sending the booklet with it. NCL can do this and just chooses not to. I can't fathom why when their pricing lately has been much higher and slightly less than Celebrity. I'm not sure where the money is going except to maybe pay for bad bonds on ships NCL has already had delivered (eg EPIC). I know certainly it's not going for great food in the MDR because that went out the window two years back. :(

I do hope NCL gets their act together on Breakaway and makes it a smashing experience. :)

Latitudes level doesn't count for getting bag tags! :mad:

Not sending good bag tags and needing to spend more of your time to create them and make sure they don't fall off is silly and downright cheap of the company. Out of all the cost cutting NCL has done in the last three to five years, this one I think is really the dumbest move they've made thus far.

If you don't reinforce the paper bag tags they will get ripped off easily leading to lost luggage and lost time on your vacation trying to figure out where your luggage is. Other cruise lines (most recently Celebrity) have stopped sending out the cruise booklet but still give people the option of ordering the bag tags if they want them and they are sent in a mailer which is much LESS postage then sending the booklet with it. NCL can do this and just chooses not to. I can't fathom why when their pricing lately has been much higher and slightly less than Celebrity. I'm not sure where the money is going except to maybe pay for bad bonds on ships NCL has already had delivered (eg EPIC). I know certainly it's not going for great food in the MDR because that went out the window two years back. :(

I do hope NCL gets their act together on Breakaway and makes it a smashing experience. :)

I agree it was a cheap move but totally disagree that the paper ones are easily ripped off if folded according to the directions. Now I have seen bags where someone just cut out the tag and expected it last. I have seen bags where a passenger just taped the whole sheet of paper to the side of the suitcase.

Folded right no need for tape or tag holder. The 6 layer paper tag is hard to get off the Bag with a few staples in it. I have had them last on the bag from on the bag at LHR, into a coach, onto the ship in Dover, off the ship in Barcelona, into a cab, onto a plane, into a car in NY, and back home still 100% fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

I can't fathom why when their pricing lately has been much higher and slightly less than Celebrity. I'm not sure where the money is going except to maybe pay for bad bonds on ships NCL has already had delivered (eg EPIC). I know certainly it's not going for great food in the MDR because that went out the window two years back. :(

Pricing is higher because the economy is recovering and demand is up. ECON101.

The money is going to PROFIT. NCL is now a public company. Bottom line is what drives the stock price

Archived