Serenade Or Adventure Of The Seas?

We've been on the eastern and western routes several times. I've ready to make plans for something new. I don't like flying, but I'm thinking of flying to San Juan and trying the southern itinerary. I can only do 7 days, so I'm comparing the Adventure and Serenade. Anybody done both, and what's your advice?

Hi ... we have done both. Husband and I were on the Serenade in November of 2003 and we were just on AOS May 22nd sailing of this year.

Both ships are nice and go to the same ports. The Serenade was almost brand new when we sailed her. The atrium is beautiful along with the elevator that looks outside.

The Adventure was nice and has the promenade with ice show. If you asked my daughters, ages 21 & 19 they would probably pick AOS. I would probably pick Serenade. I like that you have more windows on the Serenade then on AOS. Husband likes both!!!

Both ships have there perks... See which one offers the better deal... I know the Serenade isn't there in the summer .. it is in Alaska.

Good luck with your decision.. either way you can't go wrong!

Karen

Have done AOS for the far south cruise (Aruba, etc), did Radiance for the "deep" eastern caribbean and have signed up for Seranade again for the "deep" eastern. I like both ships (AOS and Radiance class) but the big ships (AOS, etc) are a tad too big and Seranade is newer so it won out with me.

Mark

I was going back and forth with my decision of either the AOS or SOS. I wanted to try a Radiance class and wanted to do the Southern. We took our first cruise on the Mariner and we loved the voyager class. The Serenade has gotten great reviews and now that I am booked, I am counting down the days. I don't think you can go wrong with either one. I hear the Southern has one of the best itineraries. Happy planning. ;)

Had the same debate between AOS and SOS. SOS was slightly less expensive than AOS so that made the decision for me. Will just have to try AOS for my next cruise.

Looking forward to being in the Southern Caribbean next March.

Thanks! We'll be going Fall '06, so the prices are the same. I had heard something about the cool elevators on Serenade. Although I've done St.Thomas and St.Martin, I'd love to go to the other ports, especially Barbados.

I haven't been on RCCL since my first cruise several years ago on the Enchantment. However, I'm booked for Navigator this October and Sovereign next July. My last four were on Carnival, which was okay. But, I've been looking forward to returning to my favorite.

karenw...

I have been on Explorer and Mariner and recently Serenade's southern route. I wrestled with your very question for a long time before booking Serenade. I am going to give you a link to my review of Serenade and if you want to ask me any questions about the cruise or about comparisons of Voyager vs. Radiance class ships feel free.

Serenade Review

Archived