Insurance for grand daughter

EmmasNana

So, we are taking our grand daughter on a cruise with us and am looking at medical insurance that will include her. I am looking at insuremytrip and I am having a hard time finding something that will include her since she is not my dependent and does not live with us.

I know plenty of you cruisers take grand kids without their parents, so can someone please let me know which insurance company you have used? I always get insurance and would not be comfortable if it did not include her.

Thanks in advance.

So, we are taking our grand daughter on a cruise with us and am looking at medical insurance that will include her. I am looking at insuremytrip and I am having a hard time finding something that will include her since she is not my dependent and does not live with us.

I know plenty of you cruisers take grand kids without their parents, so can someone please let me know which insurance company you have used? I always get insurance and would not be comfortable if it did not include her.

Thanks in advance.

We had that problem with DD's BFF. I ended up telling her parents that I was able to get insurance for us but not for her and asked them to look into picking it up for her, possibly through their own insurance broker, if they wanted her to have it.

You should be able to insure anyone on your reservation. We use CSA all the time. I bought insurance for my family of 5 and DS's fiance all under one policy. I even called to ask if I could buy their's with mine since they have a different address and they said yes as long as we live in the same state. :D

Just noticed you are looking for MEDICAL ins. So not necessarily trip insurance that has medical included? :confused:

You should be able to insure anyone on your reservation. We use CSA all the time. I bought insurance for my family of 5 and DS's fiance all under one policy. I even called to ask if I could buy their's with mine since they have a different address and they said yes as long as we live in the same state. :D

Just noticed you are looking for MEDICAL ins. So not necessarily trip insurance that has medical included? :confused:

Yes, I was just looking for the medical. I called and will have to purchase a package that includes everything. Since we are driving and the cruise isn't that expensive I was just looking for medical.

I am going to purchase the pkg. that includes medical. I would rather be safe than sorry.:)

Yes, I was just looking for the medical. I called and will have to purchase a package that includes everything. Since we are driving and the cruise isn't that expensive I was just looking for medical.

I am going to purchase the pkg. that includes medical. I would rather be safe than sorry.:)

Smart move, EmmasNana.

If you're looking only for the medical insurance part of the travel insurance, and not the trip cancellation part, try a company like CSA or TravelGuard. They will often allow you to buy a policy with a trip cost of $0 (or very little), so you get the trip interruption and medical expenses, but don't get anything back if you have to cancel.

Archived