Miami Questions

ravinblue

We are arriving at MIA at 11:45 PM from California on Thursday, April 18 and leaving Saturday, April 20 on a transatlantic cruise. Aside from changing planes at the airport, we haven't spent anytime in the Miami area. We are having trouble making up our minds as to how to spend that time.

Questions:

1. Should we get an airport hotel that first night (since we are arriving so late), then move the next morning somewhere closer to the port or just go to the port hotel right away? Hotel suggestions?

2. How should we spend Friday? Rent a car and go where? Book a tour? Use our feet and public transportation to see some of the city?

Thanks,

Frank

I would book a hotel for 2 nights as I would hate having to check-in/check-out. The port area is only 15-20 mins away. I really like the Intercontinental in DT Miami and there are great rated in lastminutetravel for that hotel.

Joanne

Cab to South Beach - at 11:45 PM the party is just getting started! :D

Miami Beach is the "Miami" you see in the movies and on TV shows -- it is a separate city from Miami, and the hotels there tend to be smaller and more expensive -- they also offer great dining, nightlife and a world class beach. A taxi to South Beach from MIA will run $32+ and another $15 cab will get you to POM. In SB you don't want or need a rental car. Good luck! :)

Archived