Just curious....

thatsonofa

Has anyone ever tried putting liquor in empty wine bottles and the replacing the cork?

In theory you could carry your two bottles on board without an issue, especially if it was a dark bottle.

Do you think they would notice?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364870181.087320.jpg.6591b44ba5b609281bd66008dde50feb.jpg

Yep...2 were rum 2 were vodka...they looked at them and didn't say a word. The person who bottled them put food coloring in them for some reason and we ended up dumping all 4 bottles because it tasted terrible. I wouldn't do it again...not worth the trouble. We will be doing the "Cheers" program in May. :)

We have done it with great success - amber rum in green bottle - corked and heat sealed. Vodka in clear bottle with a drop of yellow food colouring - corked and heat sealed. Never had a problem. Also did Sambuca in 1 litre water bottle - burped and capped with sealing cap. Make sure that all original labels and bar codes remain on the bottle

[ATTACH]266606[/ATTACH]

Yep...2 were rum 2 were vodka...they looked at them and didn't say a word. The person who bottled them put food coloring in them for some reason and we ended up dumping all 4 bottles because it tasted terrible. I wouldn't do it again...not worth the trouble. We will be doing the "Cheers" program in May. :)

don't know why food colouring would change taste of liquor as it has no flavour to it- just dye. What a waste

We have done it with great success - amber rum in green bottle - corked and heat sealed. Vodka in clear bottle with a drop of yellow food colouring - corked and heat sealed. Never had a problem. Also did Sambuca in 1 litre water bottle - burped and capped with sealing cap. Make sure that all original labels and bar codes remain on the bottle

Ah, Sambuca. I had some of that stuff about 20 years ago, and I'm still getting over the hangover. :)

Archived