Celebrity Solstice-April 11, 2014

It depends on your budget. You can either stay at a really expensive fancy hotel that is right in the centre of the city or go for the average hotels which may or may not have a view or be in a location that is your first choice.

It might pay to make a list of things you want to do in Sydney and turn up and do it on your own rather than pay for excursions. Sydney is easy to get around and if you had a list of places you really want to see then people will be able to help.

I am booked on the Solstice and am wondering where to stay in Sydney and about the tours? Should I make them over the net and trust the companies I see advertised. Can anyone give me any directions?:confused:

As Sutho said, you need to let us know what are YOUR priorities for location......and most importantly, budget. Sydney hotels have a reputation of having high rates but there are little tips out there that we can I've...but it's no good if what we say is out of your price range.

I am booked on the Solstice and am wondering where to stay in Sydney and about the tours? Should I make them over the net and trust the companies I see advertised. Can anyone give me any directions?:confused:

We generally stay at the Menzies, it is a little cheaper than the Circular Quay hotels (which is where the Solstice will dock) yet it is only a ten minute walk away. The price varies but if you book early you should be able to get a room for between $150-200AUD. It is part of the Accor chain and is about a four star standard. The real advantage is that it is also right next to a train station from which you can catch a train to the airport and to many other places in Sydney

A lot of the hotels (including the Menzies i think) are able to arrange tours for you once you are staying with them.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Glad to see posts up so early.

We just finished this years April Solstice Hawaii Tahiti Cruise and decided to do it again for my 50th next April. It will be our 6th Tahiti Hawaii cruise. Hope to make lots of new friends. I have a tour I do in Bora Bora every year with the locals if any one is interested let me know it is with Raanui tours you can look at their website www.boraborasafarilagoon. We do a day trip around the island and have a lunch on a motu. It is fantastic and definitely a magical day. They also can do half day tours. I think they might be on trip advisor also?

Has anyone arranged the meet and mingle yet with Celebrity our last trip there was 355 people that showed up?

I am travelling with two teenage sons.

Lillyloveselvis

lilyloveselvis,you would be better to post about the cruise only on the actual roll call on the Celebrity board rather than here. I do not think you will get many posts for the cruise on this board.

BTW CC rules do not permit the posting of tour/guide information unless in response to a direct question.

Hi lily, There are 100s of people on the roll call for this cruise...find it under Celebrity roll call, and select this specific Solstice April 11 cruise. Ruth is compiling a detailed roll call (with names, locations, cabins, dining, etc) and James has a map with thumbtacks of where we all live. Both links are mentioned in recent posts around page 38. Looking forward to meeting you on board, I'll be celebrating my 60th plus one, with my birthday on Good Friday, Susan

• 4 weeks later...

Have just completed Solstice 8th April, 2013 and am looking forward to doing the repeat cruise 11th April, 2014. This will be number 3 cruise on Solstice, now having completed 30 cruises in total. I do hope they will put golf driving nets on board. It will be greatly appreciated by all the aussie golfers travelling to Hawaii.

• 5 months later...

Hello fellow cruisers. I am trying to get a small group together to spend the day in either St. Regis or Le Meridien Resorts on Bora Bora. (21st April) They are both beautiful resorts and it would be lovely to spend the day there and take in lunch as well. When I have a few responses, I will contact the resorts for costings including transport back & forth & lunch. Looking forward to your replies. My email is lindatyler47@hotmail.com (tzombes)

Hi I am also booked on this cruise. There is lots of hotels in and around the Harbour so depending on how much you would like to spend per night that is definitely where I would stay. A definite must for staying in Sydney though is to climb our Harbour Bridge it is truly amazing.:)

• 3 months later...

Hi people this is my first post I'm going in the celebrity solstice 11 April and have to share with you a cheap and cheerful hotel ... The great southern hotel minutes fron paddy markets and darling harbour .. A bit of a hike to the opera house but I've done it .. I rate it about a 3 star but it's clean and tidy and the food in the bar area is just great as well as the prices for happy hour (HIc!!!) a wee gem of a hotel if your on a budget ... Check it out on the web for reviews ... Also I'd recommend to anyone to do the open top bus tour( hop on hop off) it costs about $40 au ... Just gives you a great insight and idea of Sydney and the landmarks .i do it every time ... Also good if your on a pub crawl !!! Did I mention drinks all round.... lol . See you soon cheers :)