First time on Azamara

Good morning all,

We will be on Azamara for the first time in January through the Panama Canal! Very excited, but I don't know what to expect. We have been on the Solstice class ships for the last 4 years.

Can you order room service over the interactive TV?

Are there free on demand movies?

What are sea day activities like?

Any cabin suggestions? We have the choice of 7027, 7109, 6025 and 6072.

Any info or suggestions would be great!

thank you

Alison

We did a transcanal on Azamara, it was a really great experience, the smaller ship made it so easy for us to see what was happening on both sides and to travel front to back quickly for those memorable pictures

You certainly can order room service, but you do it by phoning to room service, they are much more efficient at delivering the right orders than on Celebrity. There is a secret, the room service burgers are a higher quality than the pool side ones.

Not tried to access movies, but as I recall I think you just borrowed DVDs from reception as well as there being some movies on demand

Seaday activities - there are less than on Celebrity but there was enough for us, quizzes, very good talks etc. Less focus on shopping and no pool games, everyone seems happy just relaxing, reading and sipping wine :D

Recently started a thread on cabins and as you can see from the spreadsheet, one of the cabins and some of the cabins nearby those on your list are here

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1813056&page=2

Enjoy planning for your cruise!

Thank you for the info! I would be happy to read anything more about this particular sailing as well as the Quest.

Great tip on the cheeseburgers, my husband usually likes one a day!

I have not been able to find many photos of the Quest post refurb. any suggestions?

also, I would like to see some exterior shots so I can see if there is any obstruction to the balcony. I'm curious if its a glass rail or metal.

Thank you

Alison

Great tip on the cheeseburgers, my husband usually likes one a day!

On our galley tour, we were told the room service burgers and those served at lunch in the main dining room are ground from the small end of the beef tenderloin. Good stuff.

Alison,

You wanted some information on those four cabins. This is what I know:

7027 - has a connecting door.

7109 - too far forward, if there is any movement, you are going to feel it.

6025 - has a convertible sofa bad (less comfortable sofa), and is still too far forward should you experience rough seas.

6072 - a GREAT location .. although it is over part of the kitchen of the main dining room (we have stayed in this location and there is no noise at all from that).

We have been on many Celebrity cruises (on much larger ships). There is an adjustment required (and the showers in the cabins are TINY), however, you will have the cruise of your lifetime (we have done it through the Panama Canal on the Journey and it is MAGICAL).

Any other questions, just ask.

John

Hi, we stayed in 7027 singapore to dubai and found the cabin really comfortable, quiet and close enough to stairs etc. This cabin is forward, but there was no "roll" at all, and i don't imagine you will get much on a canal transit/carib voyage.

We also thought that if we had a connecting door,and a family tried to book, we might be asked to decant and get upgraded as a result. Didn't happen, but was worth the shot.

Have a great cruise.

Uktog - great tip on the burgers. Thanks.

Good morning all,

We will be on Azamara for the first time in January through the Panama Canal! Very excited, but I don't know what to expect. We have been on the Solstice class ships for the last 4 years.

Can you order room service over the interactive TV?

Are there free on demand movies?

What are sea day activities like?

Any cabin suggestions? We have the choice of 7027, 7109, 6025 and 6072.

Any info or suggestions would be great!

thank you

Alison

Hi

We have been in cabin 7109 and it was great. It is near the back (not forward as someone has said) and was quiet and peaceful. We ordered room service on the interactive tv but they phoned to check they had it correct. :rolleyes:

There are no free on demand movies but a catalogue of series such as The West Wing.

You will have a great cruise.:)

Hi

We have been in cabin 7109 and it was great. It is near the back (not forward as someone has said) and was quiet and peaceful. We ordered room service on the interactive tv but they phoned to check they had it correct. :rolleyes:

There are no free on demand movies but a catalogue of series such as The West Wing.

You will have a great cruise.:)

Yes, I saw that 7109 was toward the back. I think I prefer back over front? It looks like a fine area. We were in a aft balcony on the Eclipse last month, so the smaller quest will be a breeze to navigate with a snack or glass of wine :) Very exicted for this cruise and trying out Azamara!

Any photo links of the ship would be great. I have found a few, but many were outdated and the links no longer worked.

thank you!!

Yes, I saw that 7109 was toward the back. I think I prefer back over front? It looks like a fine area. We were in a aft balcony on the Eclipse last month, so the smaller quest will be a breeze to navigate with a snack or glass of wine :) Very exicted for this cruise and trying out Azamara!

Any photo links of the ship would be great. I have found a few, but many were outdated and the links no longer worked.

thank you!!

We have stayed in the PH at the back of the ship (now Owners Suite) and still prefer forward cabins... We have never had a problem with motion.

Archived