Summit Review Mar 2nd 2013

Caronrick

Thanks for the review and the demographics were interesting. It makes me want to book the Summit in the future. :) The ship was just renovated a year ago? How was the computer room? Any wear and tear on the ship or looked perfect? I know Celebrity does a great job keeping up their ships.

Thanks for the reply. I am very happy with the demographics and hope it is similar for the same week next year. On the Jewel reposition cruise we did, we felt as if we'd gotten on to a fancy nursing home. Until that cruise, it was something that had never crossed our minds. There were so many scooters and walkers that we ended up finding it depressing.

Already though, for our date there is a roll-call started and it looks good :).

Great review - loved it! Thanks for taking the time to write it. And what a great surprise for your wife!

I know! Scored major points with that one!! :D

Thanks for your review!

Does the Sunset bar have any live music or anything after dinner?

Pretty much every night they ad a steel drum player playing around 9pm if I remember right. I seem to remember a band out there after supper too but mamory is fading and I didn't write notes on that!:o

We were on deck 11 in Feb and had Bernard as our room attendant. By far one of the best attendants that we have had on Celebrity!

I agree! Just amazing. I'm afraid that I've been poisoned for future cruises.

Hi Rick

Nice to see your review. Great Pix !

Go Habs ;)

Richard

Hey Richard.

Hope you are settling back into the real world.

Thanks for the kind words!

Go Habs is right.. Go away is just wishing too much!

Thanks!

Really enjoyed reading, love the details you gave. I'll be sailing on Summit next month. By chance do you know who the names of the current senior officers were

Captain?

Staff Captain?

Hotel Director?

Guest Relations Manager?

Food & Beverage Manager?

Thanks for the review and the demographics were interesting. It makes me want to book the Summit in the future. :) The ship was just renovated a year ago? How was the computer room? Any wear and tear on the ship or looked perfect? I know Celebrity does a great job keeping up their ships.

I think it's going on about 15 months now since renovation. Still looking pretty good. Showing some wear in some places of course, but nothing that is incredibly obvious.

I only briefly glanced at the iLounge once as I was running down the stairs... the girl in the elevator thing.... din't seem that bad, but never went inside so I cant really answer that for you.

I told my wife last night that I would book it again in a second.. if you are considering it, and its a good fit for what you want in a cruise, then do it!!

Really enjoyed reading, love the details you gave. I'll be sailing on Summit next month. By chance do you know who the names of the current senior officers were

Captain?

Staff Captain?

Hotel Director?

Guest Relations Manager?

Food & Beverage Manager?

I appreciate it.

At the end of the day I just want to help provide someone with info that helps them decide if this ship is a right fit for them.

I'm not one to cheerlead one way or another.

I can't help with the staff.. I didn't keep the dailies, and the only one I remember was Lisa, and she is now in the Sillouette.

• 4 weeks later...
We have booked this same cabin for our cruise next year. Can you tell me if you noticed any smoke from the bar? I'm not hypersensitive about it but we do like to sit on our balcony.

I have this cabin on Sunday and am also interested in the smoke issue. Also, are some of the balconies closer to the aft elevators deeper?

Laura

We have booked this same cabin for our cruise next year. Can you tell me if you noticed any smoke from the bar? I'm not hypersensitive about it but we do like to sit on our balcony.

I have this cabin on Sunday and am also interested in the smoke issue. Also, are some of the balconies closer to the aft elevators deeper?

Laura

I can not speak to the balconies size for those closer to the elevators. I do know that there are a couple of rooms more forward of 1135 that have a slightly bigger balcony, but off hand I can't give you the room numbers. :confused: Maybe someone else can pitch in and answer that for you. :)

As for the smoke issue, we never had any issues with smoke from the Sunset Bar. Maybe it was a cooperative breeze and/or the movement of the boat, but it never was a concern. There were occasions of people "not" having a smoke or cigar on their balcony :rolleyes: that were noticed because the room was so far aft, but as a cigar smoker myself it was not bothersome. Even my ex-smoker wife was not bothered by it, and she is sometimes sensitive to the smell. This all depends on the courtesy of the people around you in their rooms. :D Never once did it impact our ability to use the balcony!

Enjoy your cruises each of you! I wish I were going along!

Archived