* Is Carnival Still Safe & Worth It *

whciv

The biggest cost of any vacation is transportation/hotel/food. After you pay for all of that, you want entertainment. So the cruise cost is transportation/hotel/food. What happens next? You want some fun, right? So Carnival changed their food to a fancy Denny's and took away the entertainment. Yes, the ships are save, but all they worth it? Not really, they took all the "fun" out of their name.

Yep. Time was we used them as cheap transportation between ports. Now that's not guaranteed.

The biggest cost of any vacation is transportation/hotel/food. After you pay for all of that, you want entertainment. So the cruise cost is transportation/hotel/food. What happens next? You want some fun, right? So Carnival changed their food to a fancy Denny's and took away the entertainment. Yes, the ships are save, but all they worth it? Not really, they took all the "fun" out of their name.

Please tell me where we can go on vacation for a week @ $399 per person with meals included !!! I paid triple that in the early 90s !! The price of everything goes up year after year and the prices of cruises come down.Something has to be cut to keep Carnival affordable. People want $150 dinners for the week and pay nothing for it except their cheap fare. We cant have both

Ummmm, then don't go. Simple solution. I really don't think Carnival Corp., needs our input in to how they handle their business. Either we as consumers trust the brand and safety(I do) or we don't (like yourself). No one is twisting anyone's arm to board a Carnival ship. If you don't want to or feel unsafe, don't sail.

I don't agree too. Carnival doesn't need our input? We are there customer base. They absolutely need our input. Without our input then they have no idea what they are doing right and what they are doing wrong. A lot of people blindly book cruises everyday. That is why these boards exist to help folks understand what the cruise product they are buying. Filling boats by deep, deep discount does not mean you are buying a worthwhile cruise.

Do you really think that this question was valid and fair? I would never put the value of my family(or even our vacation for that matter) in the hands of a public message board to decide!!

I think alot of frustrations on CC are people just post new threads and dont take a minute and click the search button and do their own research before cluttering up the boards with questions that were answered 1000 times already!!

I did read the other posts... that is why I posted the question. Many of the recent reviews for Carnival have fallen dramatically. This is absolutely a valid question for these boards. This board is filled with the current and past Carnival customers. Who better knows their product? The media just focuses on the bad news, the cruise company tell us everything is great.... so I posted the question here to get the opinion of past customers. :)

This discussion has already taken place 100 times.

Carnival management doesn't need a 101st time to know they have a problem. There bookings are telling them that.

Are you this negative in every aspect of your life or is it just cruise critic? If you have nothing constructive or useful to add, why bother? EVERY post you put out here is snide and negative.

I still feel safe and YES the cruise is worth the money we paid. I hope my car doesn't break down on the way to the port and I hope there are no accidents. I'm not going to run in my flip flops in the rain and break my foot like I did a few years ago right before our trip. If sat and worried about all these things, I would never leave the house.

Im not worried...I would certainly book with Carnival again as we have always had a great time and good food with no issues. BUT with that said I feel sure that I will never book on the Triumph...that poor ship is cursed.

Please tell me where we can go on vacation for a week @ $399 per person with meals included !!! I paid triple that in the early 90s !! The price of everything goes up year after year and the prices of cruises come down.Something has to be cut to keep Carnival affordable. People want $150 dinners for the week and pay nothing for it except their cheap fare. We cant have both

But if you cut too much, and only offer a room, and food than it becomes nothing. I understand, some people go to gamble and night clubs, which is fine, but for a "family vacation", people need other items on the ship, and that is what is cut. What is left? So the original question is, Is it worth it? I believe the answer is no, becuase without the entertainment value, the vacation is lost.

Heck I'm more afraid of flying and all the issues with the airlines than about cruising with Carnival. :eek:

There are definitely some things Carnival needs to change in redundancy of their systems and they are doing so.

Can't wait to go in 20 days!!! :D

But if you cut too much, and only offer a room, and food than it becomes nothing. I understand, some people go to gamble and night clubs, which is fine, but for a "family vacation", people need other items on the ship, and that is what is cut. What is left? So the original question is, Is it worth it? I believe the answer is no, becuase without the entertainment value, the vacation is lost.

We do not have children but please explain what was cut that effects a family vacation

If I did have children they would not be going to Las Vegas style shows or to see the comediens anyway

They would still have towel animals each night , waterslide,the pool ,camp carnival,all the ice cream they can eat and pizza :)

I disagree. We sail Carnival for "family vacation". None of the changes have affected the fun we have on Carnival as a family. We always find something to do that we enjoy as a family...and we don't rely on the ships entertainment staff to make our fun for us 24/7.

We do not have children but please explain what was cut that effects a family vacation

If I did have children they would not be going to Las Vegas style shows or to see the comediens anyway

They would still have towel animals each night , waterslide,the pool ,camp carnival,all the ice cream they can eat and pizza :)

I do have kids and they do go to the shows and see the family comedian shows. My kids love the comedian shows and DD, as a competitive dancer, critiques every show she sees. I will say that Carnival shows have not been as good as the other cruiselines we have sailed. But we still enjoy going to see them. The pools and slides are not something they are into either....but DD is almost a fixture at the frozen yogurt machine:D.

my wonder is when will the news start talking about the problems with other cruise lines . im sure they have problems too. has anybody looked at other cruise lines boards or are they crisp and clean with no reports of bad news hate and discontent . im not sure but if my time to leave this world is on cruise ship that was unsafe at least my last thoughts were having fun lol

no tug boats next 2 triumph before the storm good job carnival

The storm blew up out of nowhere. Even the weather forecasters never saw it coming. 70 mph straight line winds. It wasn't Carnival fault.

As most of you have probably seen, Carnival Cruises is in the news yet again today. From the fire and stranded Triumph, Elation's steering issues, Dream's generator issues and now the Legend Azipod issues can we still say that Carnival Cruises is safe? I'm concerned that Carnival Cruise Lines might now be too big for the current management. Its obvious that maintenance and other issues are starting to crop up everywhere. I know Carnival is under a microscope right now due to the media focus, but can we still trust the Carnival product?

I know that Carnival Cruise management reads these reviews on Cruise Critic and I think we need an open a discussion. Do you feel Carnival is still safe? Are these issues causing you concern about booking a cruise? With everyone watching every dollar these days is Carnival is worth cruising? We are booked on a summer Carnival cruise and I must say I'm quite concerned. Not only am I concerned about the recent issues, but I'm also noticing that reviews are dropping fast... Slow service, bad food, reduced staff, poor shows and crowds, crowds, crowds.

But isn't that with every business that we deal with? Yes Carnival is in the news right now, but so is American Airlines, so is WalMart and just about every business or service oriented business that we deal with on a daily basis. I will continue to do business with Carnival as long as they are in business. The way we as passengers/cruisers can help Carnival is to provide them with feedback (i.e., comment cards, phone calls). Don't get me wrong if the service is not good, I truly believe that something needs to be done, but then you need to let them know. But to complain and not do something about it...not good!!! Just give them a chance and hopefully things will turn around soon.

Ahh. Here we go. Critique the almighty Carnival in any way, and you are "full of HATE".
did i say i was full of hate did i say i hate or dislike the other cruise lines no , i just asked does any thing ever get posted on other boards about hate and discontent about the cruise lines they cruise . so if you think i hate every cruise line but carnival you dont even know me so how could you say im full of hate ?

I've begun an ignore list with the most negative posters included. big_duck might be #3 on my list.

Amen. Thank you. If you're not here to help provide constructive feedback, then get off the board. I too have noticed that big_duck is now in the worthless category when it comes to posts.

If you're not here to help provide constructive feedback, then get off the board.

I just love those self appointed censors who want to run off those who dare to critique the magnificent, almighty Carnival here on Cruise CRITIC. Duh.

Who died and left you moderator anyway? If you can't respect the FREE SPEECH of others, then get off the board.

Carnival is selling Vacations at really great prices these days.. I booked at a solo for under $950 including taxes.. Can't beat that anywhere.. Royal wanted 1079 per person... Let's do the Math.. If you love cruising as much as I do.. Carnival is a no brainier!!!!

Look Out Valor here I come!!!!!

Archived