None airport transfers>hotel to port & return

jon8igboss

Can anyone recommend a transfer company.

We are flying into Miami on the 27thDec, staying in a airport hotel and making our way to the port EVERGLADE the next day, also we are staying for a few days in Miami before our return to the UK.

So we need a transfer from a hotel to the port then a transfer back to another hotel.

They all seem to offer airport > port < airport.

Jon

You have options and all of these will work for MIA to FLL and reverse:

1. If you don't mind driving on the "correct" side of the road :p, a one way car rental (MIA to FLL) will be your cheapest option; most of the car rental agencies in the FLL area shuttle to the port.
  2. QLS transportation (www.qualitylimoservice.com ), MJS transportation (www.gomjstrans.com ) and Go Airport Shuttle (http://goairportshuttle.com/) are FLL based shuttle services with reasonable prices; American Shuttle (www.americanshuttle.com/) is based at MIA - compare all 4 for the best deal.
  3. A taxi will run $85+ and will be a better deal than shuttles if there are 3+ travelling together.
  4. Larry's Limos has been suggested on these boards for Miami service - probably just under the taxi fares, but hopefully a much nicer ride
  5. You could ride the train from MIA to the FLL stop for less than $5 per person and then cab for about $15 to the port -- it is not fast but it is cheap! http://www.tri-rail.com/

Good luck! :)

Thanks John

In the Canaries we drive on the correct side of the road ®.

Since post I have found QLS and have had a aprox price of $75 EW.

I will contact the others but that seems good for 4 people + bags another company came up at $220.

S&F

Jon

$75 each way for 4 plus bags is a great deal! What airport hotel have you booked? :confused: We've stayed at the Homewood Suites Blue Lagoon a couple of times and love the big rooms, nice pool area, great breakfast, and shopping and sining options within a 5 minute walk. ;)

I honeymooned in the Canaries a LONG time ago - I forgot that you drive on the correct side of the road; must have been the sun and black lava beaches - it could not have been all the sangria! :o

Have a great cruise! :)

Hi John

Once I book the hotels I will get the price confirmed, but I thought a good price, even if they change by $10/20.

On our arrival we are just stopping over for the one night, we arrive early evening, have been looking at Red Roof airport, they have a shuttle from the airport and a breakfast also its cheap (£58 > $88).

On our return we are considering; Blue Moon, The Savoy and The Angler's hotel, all in the South Beach area.

A good search site for hotels;

http://search.compare-hotels.co/

We have booked the Red Roof Miami airport inc. free shuttle from airport and breakfast $87 (£58) per room for our arrival and the Savoy Miami Beach, Pool view suite's aprox $950 (£620) per room 3 nights.

QLS transfers have quoted $170 round trip, Red Roof to port to Savoy 4 people inc bags seems ok but have contacted a couple of others, as you do.

What's the Norm. for tipping, taxis, restaurants etc. in Miami.

Now looking at excursions, any ideas from those who have done the islands before, not interested in Scuba/Diving but any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Jon & gang

What's the Norm. for tipping, taxis, restaurants etc. in Miami.

Jon & gang

For taxis and shuttles a 10-15% tip should be fine - if you are at $85 for each leg of your shuttles and had good service (on time, helped with bags, safe driver, etc.) then I'd just give the guy $100 and call it a day.

For sit down restaurants a tip of 15-20% of the total is standard.

Good luck! :)

Archived