Type of Review?

"Live" reviews are fun to do. My goal when I do my "Live" trip report as I call it rather than a review is to try and place the reader as being there on the trip too with pictures of course. Not sure that I always succeed with that though as it can be tough at times. I'm excited to be cruising next week and starting another "Live" trip report and at this point consider it part of the cruise and cruising experience. Will say I don't high tech it all out though and do all my posting and pictures mainly from my iPhone which makes the whole process easier and never interrupts being on vacation. Will say the live trip report isn't just for the reader but for oneself, it allows one to be able to go back and remember what a great time you had.

I don't really think anyone can criticize any review writer in any review they make, especially those loaded with pictures. It's their review, their experience, their time involved in making the review. Some will like, some will not. Ones people don't care for can move on to the next, no harm, no foul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Oh they're having some work done on the Mariner? You know if it'll be those minor stuffs or?

yeah! it'll be Singapore - Port Kelang(KL) - Penang - Phuket - Singapore. I don't travel much. I've only been to neighbouring Malaysia and Bali in Indonesia that's all :( never left South-East Asia. So i'm really looking forward to the Phuket port-of-call next year!! :D and also my first cruise with being tendered instead of docking. also my first time!

I don't really know details because my leg will only have a store and a bar (the Pub, maybe?) closed and only for a couple days...that's what the email said. I know there was a talk about it in the TA roll-call a couple weeks ago...so maybe they've got more info on that ;)

That's a great itinerary! Phuket sounds amazing! Maybe we'll have a review (and pictures, off course) from you after your cruise?? :p Pictures of Phuket will be greatly appreciated :D

I don't really think anyone can criticize any review writer in any review they make, especially those loaded with pictures. It's their review, their experience, their time involved in making the review. Some will like, some will not. Ones people don't care for can move on to the next, no harm, no foul.

Bravo! :)

I like simple, properly formatted (with paragraph breaks) reviews that focus on the ship, activities, and destinations. I don't really care about their choice of luggage, or how the flight was, or how special it was to celebrate uncle Ernie's 80th birthday the day before they left for the cruise.

A few pictures showing the highlights of the ship or port are nice. I don't need to see every picture taken, or pictures of your cabin steward, waiter, or nephew.

Archived