Sunday Mariner Embarkation Question

We normally park with Lighthouse and take their shuttle to the terminal. This time we are parking at a friend's house, so for those of you who drop their bags off at the terminal before parking, do you just leave them at the baggage check area, or do you give them to a porter ? Thanks for any help..

We normally park with Lighthouse and take their shuttle to the terminal. This time we are parking at a friend's house, so for those of you who drop their bags off at the terminal before parking, do you just leave them at the baggage check area, or do you give them to a porter ? Thanks for any help..

One should always give bags to a porter.

What do you mean by "just leave them there"? Sitting on the sidewalk? :confused:

Sorry for the late reply. No, I would not leave them on the sidewalk, as that would be just a bit stupid. I don't know if you have ever noticed, but there is a baggage check in area. That is what I meant.

One should always give bags to a porter.

What do you mean by "just leave them there"? Sitting on the sidewalk? :confused:

This was part of a reply re: porters at Galveston terminal..

As far as "Porter", there are the longshoremen/pier workers that are employed by the port at the terminal who will take your luggage and put them on the carts that go to the ship where the ship crew handles distribution. These are the guys that have the extra luggage tags and the manifest of who goes to what cabin, and lots of folks just call them porters.

We do a "Wife & Luggage Dump." My husband drops the bags and the wife (all the bags?!?:eek:) at the Terminal before he parks and walks back. That way I can make sure our checked bags are safely in the hands of a porter but we get through the driveway quickly.

Archived