Upgrade to Concierge ??

angel 77

I like the higher floors, bigger towels, foot rests and smoothies for breakfast...I would do it if it's only $75 total for both of you...others would not...that's fine if course!

I will also agree on this. Our first X cruise was in CC class and we did not pay much more than a regular balcony cabin. THe cabin size is not any different. We were glad we did not pay much more. The "perks" were not really worth the extra $, the location on the other hand may be worth it to you.

The extra point is nice if Celebrity is your cruise line of choice and you are close to next tier, but if not using the other benefits of CC, then you are basically paying for Captain's Club future benefits.

We have been Elite for years, and have found that we use less of the benefits over time. For sure, we used our 'new found' benefits on our first few cruises as Elite, but not as much now. I hate to say, but last 15 day cruise, we did not go to Captain's Club evening cocktail party once as we were with some other cruisers we had talked into sailing and thus they could not come to the evening event and we chose to be with them.

Having said the above, we do upgrade to CC if the cost is around $10/day increase as we are comfortable with justifying the added benefits of CC and see those benefits as worth $10/day.

We enjoy the pillow selections, the flowers, the snacks on occasion, the extra point although I guess these may help if there is a new higher tier at some point. :)

Just came off the Summit March 30th. We had CC class, cabin 6143, the balcony was very large but no footstools! We asked and were told they do not have them. Had 2 "loungers" as they were called, but we pulled the desk chair out. There were three of us and they did bring an extra chair, but it was a straight back chair that they swiped from the sky suite next door. Who by the way only had 2 chairs and no loungers!!

But the smoothies were good. Did not notice if towels were larger, they were nice, but it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. It was all about that balcony :)

Also didn't care about the canapes, switched to cheese and crackers.

Pat

OH, hold on! You can request that instead of canapes, you are delivered cheese and crackers?? That is great, I didn't know that! Half the time, the canapes are only so-so, especially the ones made with those teeny tiny shrimp, at least, in my opinion! We would LOVE however, to have cheese and crackers delivered.......we usually always sail Aqua Class (LOVE Blu, and Blu is not part of Concierge Class) - we get the canapes, but ya, not impressed, so if we can get cheese and crackers in room instead as a substitute, that would be lovely! I also learned from Cruise Critic about swapping out the sparkling wine to wine - I did not know that, we are not big champagne drinkers, but a bottle of red, that is a different story!

How do you get the smoothies for breakfast? We sailed Concierge on Century a few months ago and did not receive smoothies. Will be soon sailing on Solstice and don't want to miss out!

Ask for the Concierge Class menu in your stateroom, and you'll see smoothies on it. If you don't have the CC menu, you won't see it offered.

OH, hold on! You can request that instead of canapes, you are delivered cheese and crackers?? That is great, I didn't know that! Half the time, the canapes are only so-so, especially the ones made with those teeny tiny shrimp, at least, in my opinion! We would LOVE however, to have cheese and crackers delivered.......we usually always sail Aqua Class (LOVE Blu, and Blu is not part of Concierge Class) - we get the canapes, but ya, not impressed, so if we can get cheese and crackers in room instead as a substitute, that would be lovely! I also learned from Cruise Critic about swapping out the sparkling wine to wine - I did not know that, we are not big champagne drinkers, but a bottle of red, that is a different story!

Yep, sure thing! I spoke with our cabin steward and asked to substitute it as neither my husband nor I eat meat. We probably could have called room service or spoken with the concierge to make that change as well.

It is the Summit repo from Bayonne to San Juan in Oct

I'd totally pay the money for the Summit so you have the larger cabin. I also prefer the Deck 9 under-the-buffet location, because I prefer the overhang to protect from the sun.

EDIT: I see you already decided. GOOD CHOICE :)

I think you'll like the bigger cabin and balcony. We saw the regular veranda cabins on the crawl and the CC cabins are noticibly bigger. We were CC on the Summit last summer and wanted to do the repo cruise this fall but a family wedding got that weekend. We'll be CC on the Reflection in Nov on a hump. No different in cabin size but we want the point and the different was only about $30 per person than another class of cabin on the hump.

Hi,

I think you made the right decision to upgrade to CC for this price. I cruised aboard the Summit in late 2010 (Southern Caribbean) in 8134 and really liked the cabin. I think it is worth paying a little extra for CC. 9149 looks like a good location--below the Oceanview Cafe and between the midship and aft stairs/elevators.

Chuck

Ask for the Concierge Class menu in your stateroom, and you'll see smoothies on it. If you don't have the CC menu, you won't see it offered.

Yep, sure thing! I spoke with our cabin steward and asked to substitute it as neither my husband nor I eat meat. We probably could have called room service or spoken with the concierge to make that change as well.

Didn't know about the smoothies and we had a CC on our last cruise and a Celebrity Suite on the previous one. Booked a RS this summer, you can bet I'm going to ask about those smoothies :D:D

We were on the Solstice last March, and were upgraded (thanks, fairies) from 2B veranda to C3 concierge class. Can't be more happier!

A bottle of wine, a better tote bag, fruit basket replenished daily, flowers, leg rest on the balcony, wow!

Both of us are vegetarian, so we switch the canape and asked for cheese platter instead.

Found the smoothies on the room service breakfast menu, and ordered and enjoyed.

Caveat : if your cabin is under the OceanView Cafe there might be some noise.

Enjoy your cruise!

Don't mean to hijack the OP's thread but this is in the same vein. Have a 2c in a location I like on a 12 day Med in a couple weeks. But for $200 can get a concierge guarantee. Would love the higher deck, concierge would tip me over to elite, and the extra $ is OK. BUT I hate noise! Asked this here about 2 weeks ago and the consensus was "don't do it".

And the possibility of getting a noisy cabin on deck 11 or 12 is omnipresent.

I wonder why people even agree to a concierge guarantee when there's a possibility of an obnoxiously noisy CC on 12 or AQ on 11.

It still tempts me but it's such a gamble.

It is the Summit repo from Bayonne to San Juan in Oct

I'd definitely do the upgrade on an M class ship. The CC cabins on M class are a little larger than the standard veranda cabins and it is enough to make a difference. Also, this might have changed with newer deck furniture since it has been years since we've sailed an M class standard veranda, but they used to have only a very small and short coffee table on the veranda standard cabins vs. a taller and larger "normal height" table for CC cabins.

Overall most of the in-cabin amenities aren't worth a lot but they are nice - especially the slightly nicer towels and linens.

On an S class ship it is a much tougher choice as the cabin size is identical.

Don't mean to hijack the OP's thread but this is in the same vein. Have a 2c in a location I like on a 12 day Med in a couple weeks. But for $200 can get a concierge guarantee. Would love the higher deck, concierge would tip me over to elite, and the extra $ is OK. BUT I hate noise! Asked this here about 2 weeks ago and the consensus was "don't do it".

And the possibility of getting a noisy cabin on deck 11 or 12 is omnipresent.

I wonder why people even agree to a concierge guarantee when there's a possibility of an obnoxiously noisy CC on 12 or AQ on 11.

It still tempts me but it's such a gamble.

Hmm...I think it really depends on if you can live near noise for a week and still enjoy yourself. I would plan for the worst, and be happy when I was assigned a nice location. I'm a gamblin' girl, so I would chance it, especially if it means getting to elite one cruise quicker. But that's just me, and I know how I am. I'd be annoyed by the noise on Day 1, and I'd complain to DH about it all day, but then I'd get over it and have a great time the rest of the cruise. It may just depend on how much you're willing to take.

Archived