Holiday celebrations

Dumbtexan

When my wife had a special birthday on board they provided a bithday cake which they presented at dinner,but as it was the night of the captains banquet I asked if we could have it later and was very pleasantly surprised to find it in our cabin later with a very nice bottle of desert wine.:D

If you are going to be on one of the small ships why not arrange for a table side flambé dinner of say steak au poivre and bananas foster(more interesting perhaps than a cake with too many candles in it). Order a special bottle of wine from the wine list and it will be a night your wife will long remember.She will be fussed over and the center of attention. You might even find a little bauble in the boutique that could be presented to her under a silver dome.Et voila! Just give them 24 hours notice and they will accommodate you if at all possible.

Why ever not? :) :)

I do vaguely remember seeing something about them not doing table side flambe dishes on the larger ships, but I can't remember if that was said to be true of not! It could be why it was suggested as an option for the smaller ships by someone who was familiar with them.

I think it may well be possible, and I'm sure they will be very accommodating with regard to the celebrations on the Quest - as they are in just about everything! Can't wait to be back on board ...

I do think Crafty is correct in that they cannot do table side flambé on the big ships. But you can still order a special dinner -- beef wellington, lobster, chateaubriand -- whatever your wife's desire.

It just occurred to me that on the Quest TA NEXT year I will be celebrating a significant '0' birthday. I am glad I will be with friends and not alone, swilling moonshine and being depressed! I am thinking strawberries Madagascar....

Archived