Falmouth Port

JYD Hawkeye

Heard that when you get off the ship and go into the port, there are pretty much menus of excursions and cab fares in the pier area. Also heard that you can usually barter a better deal on excursions in the port area than online or obviously, on the ship. Any info on these subjects would be a great help.

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer to book ahead of time rather take my chances at the port. Not only do I feel safer using a company that has good reviews you never know what you will find available when you get to the port. I have previously used Peat Taylor, great reviews on Trip Advisor, and he is very reasonable in price. We used him for a shopping/sight seeing trip previously and his rates were very reasonable and we felt well cared for and safe. This cruise (June 2013) we will be going on a beach day, shopping and lunch trip with his company. It will be a private excursion, meaning no waiting on others from other boats or tours, and his rates cannot be beat by the ship's rates. We asked that he take us a bit off the beaten path (no huge throngs of passengers/tourists if possible) but still stay in close vicinity to the ship so there will be no fears of being late getting back. His website is http://www.ochoriosjamaicatours.com/ Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived