Grandeur Of The Seas -- Any info?

Hi Everyone,

I just booked a cruise on the Grandeur to Bermuda for the end of May. I read some mixed reviews of the ship and was just wondering if anyone has been on it recently and could give me a review.

Thanks!

You will see some more reviews once she is returned to Baltimore. April 24 she is sailing from San Juan to Baltimore, May 3 RT Bermuda from Baltimore, May 10 RT Bahamas from Baltimore. Her schedule will con't based out of Baltimore from there on out until Royal decides to move her in a few years. I am sailing n May 10th and will write a review when home. I know several people doing B2B with San Juan and Bermuda or Bermuda and Bahamas so there will be some great reviewers writing shortly.

The Grandeur is a revitalized Vision class ship if I'm not wrong?

So she would be very similar to the Legend, which we just sailed on in March.

Yes, Grandeur is a Vision class ship, and has gone though the revitalization dry dock. Grandeur was an identical twin to Enchantment, but is now unique since Enchantment's stretch back in 2005.

Hi Everyone,

I just booked a cruise on the Grandeur to Bermuda for the end of May. I read some mixed reviews of the ship and was just wondering if anyone has been on it recently and could give me a review.

Thanks!

I have not been on it recently, but sailed on her a few years ago to Bermuda out of Baltimore on a 5nt. I love Bermuda- one of my favorite ports of call :)

Overall the Grandeur is ok. The food was not desirable (and I am not a picky eater), the staff was attentive, and there were no signs of the ship's age.

Enjoy your cruise!

I sailed on the Grandear to Bermuda many years ago. I do not think that has any relation to its current condition or crew. She sails from Colon, Panama and most of the passengers come from Latin American countries. There are very few CC members. That is why no one is getting answers.

We sail on the repo cruise in a couple of weeks and wlil give you some info. Here is a posting from Gunther and Uta. They sail on the grandeur for a month at a time. [wish I could do that] January 2013 and March 2013.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=36938363&postcount=16

Archived