Looney Tunes Characters

DISNEY1975

My son went on a cruise about 18ish years ago with my parents. I have a picture of him being "tucked in" by Bugs Bunny. Is this something Carnival used to do? Im not 100% sure it was Carnival, but I really think it was.

Yes it was! I went on "The Big Red Boat" in 1987 (my first cruise, Honeymoon with 4 days at Walt Disney World and 3 night Bahamas cruise) and it was Disney characters. In 1993 Disney World broke off the agreement and Premier aligned itself with Looney Tunes.

Yes it was! I went on "The Big Red Boat" in 1987 (my first cruise, Honeymoon with 4 days at Walt Disney World and 3 night Bahamas cruise) and it was Disney characters. In 1993 Disney World broke off the agreement and Premier aligned itself with Looney Tunes.

We also did that cruise for our honeymoon in 1987.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Premier was our first cruise line and we sailed on the Oceanic in 1987 on a three night Valentine's day cruise. Then we sailed on a special 14 night cruise as far as Caracas, Venezuela during Christmas/ New Year, 1987. We sailed once on the Atlantic and another 4 night on the Oceanic. The first cruise is always the best. I wonder how they would compare to our current cruises. We liked having the Disney characters on board and we have pictures with us, the captain, and Chip and Dale.

When Disney made plans for their own cruise line they wanted to distance themselves from Premier so they discontinued their association and the characters. Premier then aligned themselves with the Looney Tunes characters.

I miss the Big Red Boats.

Yes! Thank you! Its all coming back to me now!!! It was "The Big Red Boat" They did go to Disney after, so it makes sense. (Though Ive never heard of it being referred to as "Premier" ?? Does it still exist?)

Edit: Thank for the link! I found my answer (not they do not exist anymore). Also found out why I thought itwas a Carnial Ship!! ......The Big Red Boat III, formerly Carnival Cruise Line's Festivale

It was definitely the Big Red Boat because our family of 5 went on it. Was probably our worst cruise experience ever.

One night we signed up for the looney tunes tuck in, but the only time we could get was like 6 or 7pm, which was hours before our kids went to bed so we decided to cancel this service. We did jokingly plan on maybe to have our kids get ready for bed after dinner, get the tuck in, and then get up, get dressed and go out for the evening.

And there were just so many bad things that went on, and the staff was not very courteous.

It's no wonder this cruise line went out of business

That's sad. They were great in '87. Lots of special events for honeymooners, including a cocktail party with the captain. Instead of just leaving a few chocolate mints on our pillows, the cabin steward made a heart pattern on the bed. This was before towel animals , of course.

We were on the Oceanic, which carried about 1,600 passengers. Funny how that ship seemed so big. . .but now seems so small.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Such great memories. We still remember our head waiter Hugo, and assistant, William. Our bar waiter was Eric from Jamaica. Captain Chilas, from Greece, was great. Anyone remember Captain Snuffy? He was a retiree from Cocoa Beach who lived on the ship and wore an officer's uniform. We sat with him at the Captain's table a couple of times. Another great captain was Andreas Passas who lived in Cocoa Beach with his wife, Peggy, who we met and was also very gracious. I wonder where they all are now? Oliver was another great waiter. The cruise director, Jimmy, had to leave one cruise a couple of days early because his wife was having their baby. Barbara, from Crown Point, Indiana, was on the entertainment staff and was a lot of fun. Wish we could see them again.

Archived