Tell me about these ports ...

familycruzer

In San Juan our boys loved the El Moro. We walked to/from the fort from the pier - not a long walk it you go along the water. St. Thomas - we went to the Aquarium and then swimming at Magen's bay (both a hit). Barbados we went to the Caves (I believe its called Davidsons) and then the beach.

Dominica is totally unlike any of these other ports. It's very poor economically, has no resorts, but has loads of unspoiled tropical territory. Lots of waterfalls, lush jungle and terrific snorkeling. Hire a driver on the pier and take in a few waterfalls and Champagne Beach. Check this out for more information on the Ports of Call pages on this site.

Barbados - Harrisons Caves - have done it a couple of times - great.

San Juan - a walk to El Moro Castle - did that a couple of times - children will love walking all over the place. And on the way back you can stop at some of the shops.

St Thomas - Coki Point and Coral World - just went back there this spring to see how it looked after it was rebuilt when the hurricanes destroyed it a couple of years ago.

Dominica - a beautiful lush green island. Have been there several times - Emerald Pool and Trafalgar Falls - great - drive through the rain forest. There isn't a lot on this island for children except for the beach as another poster noted.

Turks - have yet to go there.

Dominica is totally unlike any of these other ports. It's very poor economically, has no resorts, but has loads of unspoiled tropical territory. Lots of waterfalls, lush jungle and terrific snorkeling. Hire a driver on the pier and take in a few waterfalls and Champagne Beach. Check this out for more information on the Ports of Call pages on this site.

I had a woman come in my store last night who was just in Dominica and loved it. She was a fan of Mexico until she went to Dominica and was sorry to leave.

Archived