Once upon a time on HAL, story not review.

VallyD

Oh, now we have the "Rules by Sir PMP" to obey?

So not only are you a troll, you're an ignorant-of-rules troll. Nice.

Wonderful "story" - as two 31 year olds my wife and I too love HAL. :)

I have just added the troll to my "Ignore List".

Suggest others might want to do the same. Don't feed him!

VallyD, I can't wait to hear which cruise you have booked for your next adventure. I can't wait to read your preparatory posts and your follow-up story. Most of all, I'd just love a chance someday to meet you onboard. You are articulate, funny, able to find the good in almost everything. You are my kind of people! Long may you cruise and long may you grace the HAL board.

Seems like the perspective you gained will also go a long way toward helping you over the hurdles at home too. Best wishes.

Ooooooo! Cute shoes! I love them!

Wish I could still wear cute shoes like that. :(

Yes, from what I can see of the dress, it's gorgeous, too. I like the one you're wearing, too.

You have some lovely clothes. Got to book some more cruises so you can get full use out of them! __________________

I'll ditto Ruth's remarks. Many of us just keep a special section of a home closet for our 'cruise clothes'. No need for a new wardrobe each time when you love those clothes to begin with. Most of the pax on your next cruise will not have seen them before and if they do, who cares. And I think you meant to say, "Wear the tightest dress on the first formal night."

VallyD, I can't wait to hear which cruise you have booked for your next adventure. I can't wait to read your preparatory posts and your follow-up story. Most of all, I'd just love a chance someday to meet you onboard. You are articulate, funny, able to find the good in almost everything. You are my kind of people! Long may you cruise and long may you grace the HAL board.

Seems like the perspective you gained will also go a long way toward helping you over the hurdles at home too. Best wishes.

I would love to meet you too! The wonderful CC members I met on our cruise were hilarious and friendly, my kinda people too! I really want to know when they are cruising so I can have as much fun as I did in the piano bar with them lmbo, husband literally out of nowhere just quotes me some prices on a few places we are interested in, he is hooked :D:cool:

Ooooooo! Cute shoes! I love them!

Wish I could still wear cute shoes like that. :(

Yes, from what I can see of the dress, it's gorgeous, too. I like the one you're wearing, too.

You have some lovely clothes. Got to book some more cruises so you can get full use out of them! __________________

I'll ditto Ruth's remarks. Many of us just keep a special section of a home closet for our 'cruise clothes'. No need for a new wardrobe each time when you love those clothes to begin with. Most of the pax on your next cruise will not have seen them before and if they do, who cares. And I think you meant to say, "Wear the tightest dress on the first formal night."

I did mean to say that LOL I went to edit and it wouldn't let me!

I'm glad to hear your cruise went well. I have to be honest, I was worried a bit for you because you seemed overly worried about too many things prior to your sailing.

We love Eurodam...have been on her three times so far. I really enjoyed reading your story. You sound like someone we'd enjoy to run into on a cruise.

Douglas...Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for telling it like it is! Especially about the debit card hold issues.... Boy do I hate that! And of course if we kept meticulous records and had a calculator out to add all our receipts- yeah right :rolleyes:.... Anyway, thanks for the welcome dose of reality on this forum. Love ya.

Ohhh after that whole debacle you bet my computer was used as a stand-in for a calculator and preliminary bills were requested every day. We will know better next time!!!!!!! Love ya too! :p

I'm glad to hear your cruise went well. I have to be honest, I was worried a bit for you because you seemed overly worried about too many things prior to your sailing.

We love Eurodam...have been on her three times so far. I really enjoyed reading your story. You sound like someone we'd enjoy to run into on a cruise.

Douglas...Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Overly worried was directly fueled by said problems at home, and you are absolutely right about that. It seemed like we woke up daily to some other family member's problems in the weeks leading up to the cruise, which puts me into anxiety overdrive as a people pleaser.

The crap really hit the fan when the night before the in-laws decided to cause so much of a ruckus we didn't even sleep. Aint that the way it goes? Thank the Lord we had this time to sort our priorities out!

Ohhh after that whole debacle you bet my computer was used as a stand-in for a calculator and preliminary bills were requested every day. We will know better next time!!!!!!! Love ya too! :p

...charge is to not even count on that money until almost 2 months after any cruise. That way we know if it has gone through or not and not have any fears or surprises:)

Joanie

Funny story!

We had Mr. Bond (not James) when we ate in the Pinnacle on Le Cirque night. He was fun. :)

HA! He is fabulous!!! He gave us a note to take to his fiance who works at the Tamarind but we ended up cancelling that after the whole bill thing, unfortunately we never got to bring it to her and I feel terrible for it!

...charge is to not even count on that money until almost 2 months after any cruise. That way we know if it has gone through or not and not have any fears or surprises:)

Joanie

Fear is a good word for the last few days of the cruise. We changed our entire method of budgeting for the next cruise "just in case".

Welcome Home VallyD, I actually really love all your dresses :D Both the black and the green are adorable, I just wish I had a body that could wear those type of dresses :o In my dreams I can still wear cute dresses like that. I enjoyed reading your review and glad to hear you had a great time despite a few glitches. I especially like the joke about the Windows 8, that is exactly the type of smart comment my husband would make and we would laugh till I am crying.

Thanks for posting all the pictures too it brought your story to life!

Welcome Home VallyD, I actually really love all your dresses :D Both the black and the green are adorable, I just wish I had a body that could wear those type of dresses :o In my dreams I can still wear cute dresses like that. I enjoyed reading your review and glad to hear you had a great time despite a few glitches. I especially like the joke about the Windows 8, that is exactly the type of smart comment my husband would make and we would laugh till I am crying.

Thanks for posting all the pictures too it brought your story to life!

Ah wear em, screw it :P I saw a woman in her... golden years... for lack of a better word in a form fitting fully beaded gown on formal night. I couldn't take my eyes off of her, way to make a grand entrance!

Husband definitely has a way with words when I am stressed :)

Thank you! I got my gowns back from the seamstress the day before we left. She asked if I wanted to try them on, I just laughed and said "Girl if they don't work there is nothing we can do about it now". Well my fav one was way too big to wear but you can see it to the left in this picture.

DSC00367_zpsde451fad.jpg

Is the white dress the one with the amazing back (or lack thereof)? I really hoped to see you in that.

Is the white dress the one with the amazing back (or lack thereof)? I really hoped to see you in that.

Ahhh that's the one. Of course. I tried it the first formal night and tried to "fix it" the rest of the cruise but because it has no back there wasn't much I could do about it. I also somehow managed to spill some wine on it struggling with the balcony door ( man those things are heavy or I am very weak) so unless the seamstress and drycleaner can perform miracles I doubt I will ever wear it :(

I did not. It is a fairly new medication and sometimes even hard to find at the Pharmacy, my usual Pharmacy carries it for me. I've never run out of it for that long so I figured we would get home in time without anything bad happening... wrong again.

I found out the hard way (still glad I found out) that it WILL affect me if I miss it by several hours after what I have experienced before. It starts with a migraine, body aches, and then progresses into an inability to form sentences. I can think very clearly, I know what I want to say, but it comes out all wrong if I can get the words out at all. I started to seize in my hands and feet (that's when I know it's coming, prior to medication and diagnoses) on the way to the Pharmacy. Had I known that I probably would have contacted the medical staff hoping they had some. :(

Really enjoyed your story that was not a review! For what it is worth I reported Mr. Troll, harassment is just wrong and prohibited on the boards. That is not to say that you didn't take care of him just fine and much better than I'd have done at your age!! ;)

I totally forgot one of my heart meds that is not common one cruise and amazingly they actually had it. I was charged a pretty penny for the pills I needed, but it was so much better than the alternative of having to try to get them in port or have none at all. So if you are ever in that fix again, it is definitely worth asking the Medical Center!

Thank you! I got my gowns back from the seamstress the day before we left. She asked if I wanted to try them on, I just laughed and said "Girl if they don't work there is nothing we can do about it now". Well my fav one was way too big to wear but you can see it to the left in this picture.

LOVE the shoes!!!

Thanks for the non-review :). This was a great read and your attitude is wonderful.

Archived