How late is too late to book?

canes20

Is waiting until the last minute to book a room worth it? I know room selection just gets smaller and smaller but will the prices continue to drop until departure? I have always usually booked early saver and watched to get obc but just didnt have the money to do early this year. Are most cruises sailing full or having rooms empty at time of departure? Thanks in advance for any info.

I booked Tuesday for the conquest leaving the 14th. Rooms were gone last Thursday. So it must be full. Got a great deal. Usually I book over a year in advance and get very little obc. Guess I just pick popular sailings or get a great deal booking so far in advance.

They say ships cruise full, but I know they sometimes have empty cabins. My cabin, as well as 2 others got water damage one night. They were able to place all 3 of us in unused cabins.

I hear you can even book the morning of the cruise sometimes.

To be reasonable, it really depends on where you live. Can you drive to port? Or do you need to book a flight? Flights might be really expensive.

Because we doing a family cruise we needed 4 cabins so this is the first cruise in a long time that I have booked before final payment is due. I've found that waiting until then, you usually can get a good deal, that's if you aren't particular where you want to be on the ship. When I have done this I have always booked a guarantee.

Is waiting until the last minute to book a room worth it? I know room selection just gets smaller and smaller but will the prices continue to drop until departure? I have always usually booked early saver and watched to get obc but just didnt have the money to do early this year. Are most cruises sailing full or having rooms empty at time of departure? Thanks in advance for any info.

It's really a crap shoot. As the ship is filling the prices will rise, but if it is not full enough when it gets close to sailing then the prices can really go down. I once booked a 4 day cruise 2 weeks out when the price per person dropped to a staggering $129/pp for an oceanview cabin (insides were going for $109). Those deals are rare. For the most part, the best deals are to book early, but keep a watch out for those rare gem ones! :)

Archived