MDR table size when travelling in a small group?

benjoon

We are travelling on Connie in July.

There is going to be 5 of us in our group.

My question is what sort of table size could we expect?

Even thou we are travelling with family we would also like to sit with other passengers as well. Over the few cruises we have done we have met some very lovely people at dinner. We still send Christmas cards to a lovely couple we met on our honeymoon cruise 14 years ago. This is the part of the cruise we especially like.

With a party of 5, your most likely options are either a table for 6 or 8. There may are a few larger tables on the first floor of the MDR (10 tops), however we think those are too large to hold an effective conversation.

If you want a large table, you can make a request in advance via your travel agent (or Celebrity if you booked direct). No guarantee they'll honor it, however when we've asked for large tables in the past we've always ended up at an 8 or 10 top.

We are travelling on Connie in July.

There is going to be 5 of us in our group.

My question is what sort of table size could we expect?

Even thou we are travelling with family we would also like to sit with other passengers as well. Over the few cruises we have done we have met some very lovely people at dinner. We still send Christmas cards to a lovely couple we met on our honeymoon cruise 14 years ago. This is the part of the cruise we especially like.

Think of the "strangers" seated at the table. Chances are, they will very quickly be heading off to another table since it is the nature of things for family members to talk to each other rather than outsiders.

Art

with 5, I'd select a table for six. Like others here, we have been the extra couple at a table on one cruise and we will never do that again. Be nice to your fellow cruisemates and just get a table for yourselves.

IOHO, ask for a 10 top, that give you 5/5. When it is the wifester and I we still request an 8 top. After talking to me all day she needs the break :D

That's kind of the reason we were hoping for a larger table.

We are a group of 5 but three (one 13year old) are from Australia and two from Wales. We definetely wont make anyone else feel out of place.

I do hope that we will get a table of 8 or more. We don't use the speciality restaurants so we wont leave people sitting by themselves. We did get left like that one night on our last cruise. Even our daughter abandoned us.

On our last cruise one table mate had asked for a table with single people on. He got two single women but they were both over 80. He did get what he asked for but not what he expected. He didn't hang around for the rest of the cruise and missed out on some great fun meals.

I would also suggest that you go to the dining room once you board and see where your table is located, that you are all seated together and the size of the table. Changes can usually be made if necessary.

Enjoy!

Archived