Splendor 8 night formal nights

Patty421

For those of you that just got off the 8 night. Can someone please confirm the formal nights? I was pretty sure the 1st one was the 1st sea day(day 2) but apparently the steak house is saying its day 3.

Yes, it was an 8 day also.

The attire varied , everything from gowns/tuxes to pantsuits/dockers with a shirt and tie. I would say that at least 80% of the men wore at least a shirt and tie and the ladies dresses/pantsuits.

My family did dress up because we wanted to, and I was really surprised and happy to see how many others did as well. There were so many kids wearing tuxes and fancy dresses it was nice to see.

Just off the Splendor this morning, our formal nights were sea days 1 and 3, so Monday and Saturday.

When you have time we would love to hear about the ship! We are sailing in June. We've done the itinerary - GT, HMC & Nassau before but this is our first time on the Splendor.

I'm one of those "I have to know everything before I go" people :)

Just off the Splendor this morning, our formal nights were sea days 1 and 3, so Monday and Saturday.

As this is our first cruise, I'm just a bit confused....about your reference to the "days 1 and 3". We're going out on the Splendor the end of June for 8 days, leaving on a Wednesday. Does that mean we'll have elegant night the first night on the ship (Wed.) then the third (Fri.)? I had heard in the past it was usually the second night and second last nights on 8 day cruises.....

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks in advance! :)

As this is our first cruise, I'm just a bit confused....about your reference to the "days 1 and 3". We're going out on the Splendor the end of June for 8 days, leaving on a Wednesday. Does that mean we'll have elegant night the first night on the ship (Wed.) then the third (Fri.)? I had heard in the past it was usually the second night and second last nights on 8 day cruises.....

If you are leaving on Wed. your first formal night will be Thursday - first full day, but second night. IIRC from our last cruise the second one was the second to last night.

She didn't say Days 1 and 3. She meant SEA days 1 and 3.

Maggie

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

We're sailing on the Splendor on May 4 I booked today online and called for the formal night info. the Carnival rep said she didn't know for sure and thought it may be day 3 and day 8. I haven't sailed Carnival for 15 years but am a Diamond member of RCCL and like to make dinner reservations early as we don't go to the formal nights anymore. If anyone knows for sure, please write in.