Dropping off luggage before boarding

Beachdude

Sally and I want to spend the day in Honolulu before boarding the Solstice for the Hawaiian cruise, but we don't want to keep our luggage in the rental car. Is there anything wrong with dropping off the luggage in the morning and checking in several hours later?

Burt

I have not checked in in Hawaii, but on other cruises you cannot check in your luggage too early. You have to wait until they are ready to accept new luggage, usually after the ship has been cleared of passengers and the terminal workers are ready to begin accepting the new luggage, i believe around 10:00 or later

It has been awhile, but we have done this in Honolulu. The flights in and out of Hawaii seem to be so much earlier or later and they had it set up with the excursions desk. It was probably about ten years ago though - so double check this info.

We did this about 6 years ago, we had to check out of the hotel, return car at airport and then take a bus to the ship. Didn't want to hassle with luggage, so we dropped it off early.

Had no problems. Just don't do it too early.

Archived