New Orleans Cruise Terminal question

jimd909

Where exactly do you go if walking to the cruise terminal? I'm sailing with NCL and know they use Julia Street Cruise Terminal Complex.

I've been looking at google maps and it looks like you walk through the parking lot with the whale mural. Is that correct. Does Juliea Street end where you walk into the parking lot?

There is a walkway along Julia Street from Convention Center Blvd. to the railroad tracks. The whale mural will be on your eft and the convention center on your right. Cross the tracks and you will be on the roadway leading to the terminal.

You will have to dodge some traffic, since pedestrians are not supposed to use this roadway, but it is just a short walk to the terminal building.

I may look into this hotel too, however we don't sail for quite a while - November 2014. My husband would love to be within walking distance so we can just get up and go. Any idea if the hotel offered a shuttle to the cruise port? I notice they do for the Airport.

If walking - any idea of the total distance - would you say under a mile from the cruise port?

I may look into this hotel too, however we don't sail for quite a while - November 2014. My husband would love to be within walking distance so we can just get up and go. Any idea if the hotel offered a shuttle to the cruise port? I notice they do for the Airport.

If walking - any idea of the total distance - would you say under a mile from the cruise port?

I believe it is approx. two blocks to the cruise port -- one block north then one block east. ;)

neworleans.jpg

Where exactly do you go if walking to the cruise terminal? I'm sailing with NCL and know they use Julia Street Cruise Terminal Complex.

I've been looking at google maps and it looks like you walk through the parking lot with the whale mural. Is that correct. Does Juliea Street end where you walk into the parking lot?

yes absolutly walk straight past the parking on Julia street stay on ground level, cross trolley tracks and your there. If you check your bags and have time you can cross back across tracks and go up the escalator to the food court and riverwalk mall:rolleyes:

We are staying at Harrah's. I found these directions to walk to the port on the boards somewhere.

Walk to entrance to riverwalk. go up escalator enter mall and head right walk to the end and exit to big blue stairs. pier is immediately to the right.

• 8 months later...

The Hyatt Place has an airport shuttle???

Harrah's was definately walk to port. It was so easy except at the end of the indoor shopping mall there is a stairway down to the port and that was a bit difficult with the bags. hubby lugged them. I would do it again in a heart beat. I loved going down the mississippi river by cruise boat. There is a post somewhere that takes you along the river pointing out interests but it was a little tough to follow :-) Found some of them!

• 5 weeks later...
There is a stop at the Julia terminal and at the upriver end of the Erato street terminal. Choose the one you need based on which terminal your sailing is leaving from.

I'm sailing NCL so I believe I'm at the Julia Street terminal. Thanks for your help!

Is there a stop near the cruise terminal if I take the streetcar?

There is, but make sure you do something with your luggage if you have any. Can't take it on the streetcar. Carry on is ok, but luggage won't be allowed, so prepare and don't be disappointed. I don't know why everyone tries to avoid the cabs, about $7 the last two times we used them from the nearby hotels and they will take your luggage.

Although some do it, the cops are not always friendly when walking in the restricted area's. And depending on when your going, the old info about using the Riverwalk shortcut does not work while construction is going on.

Yep, Carry-ons only on the street cars.

I think the $7/pp deal for a taxi from most hotels is an outstanding deal. The better part is if you have luggage, once you get to the port the porters unload it so you don't have to even touch it unless you need to.

The amtrak station is near the superdome. If you are staying in the city a cab to the hotel should be affordable. Most hotels to the port are $7pp.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info! We're going on Serenade next year and not familiar with New Orleans at all. Looking at possibly staying at the Embassy Suites near the port...

• 4 weeks later...

Coming in Nov on the Serenade after TA. We have never been to New Orleans. What options do we have just to get to airport. Distance to travel. Estimate taxi cost. Do shuttle services exist. Thanks in advance.