Carnival Dream lost my liquor!

imouer

On our Freedom cruise my mom purchased some of those flavored liquors in either Curacao or Aruba. Well she is a newbie and didn't realize her liquor should have been delivered the night before. I brough it to her attention before we debarked and she headed to guest services. Turns out the cabin steward delivered it to the wrong cabin! They tracked it down and the passenger claims he thought it was a gift from Carnival:rolleyes:. Guest Services cut her a check and we were on our way.

Last year on The Dream, they lost one bottle of confiscated rum. Went to plat CS and we walked down to the liquor store and they handed me a bottle. Did have to be a lit`l pushy.

Funny, this year on The Breeze, booze was almost a non issue. We carried aboard 2-3 bottles from ports and they never said a peep. We also noticed the collection table was often un-maned.

When on a B2B, always buy your booze on the lat night of the first leg an hand carry it back to the cabin ;)

We would have done that, but it was Crown Royal Maple and we were concerned that they would run out of a specialty item. Anyway it turns out that on those 2 sailings it was anything goes. We bought wine and hard liquor in port that was not confiscated, we just brought it back to the cabin. I'm not sure why they were so lax, but we didn't mind in the least. :)

So, if I read this right, I think you're saying you should have been more diligent about keeping up with your possessions and that you aren't blaming Carnival since you waited until the last minute and there was little they could do on the day thousands of people were leaving the ship and thousands more were boarding and that you wish you hadn't inconvenienced your family because you forgot your booze and that you've decided to expand your horizons by trying another cruiseline. Am I right? ;)

Um NO you got it all wrong. You cannot keep up with your "possessions" when they are NEVER in your "Possession" to begin with. The cruise line delivers them to you "last minute" I have no say in that. The carnival is fully culpable in this case, dont flip it.

So, if I read this right, I think you're saying you should have been more diligent about keeping up with your possessions and that you aren't blaming Carnival since you waited until the last minute and there was little they could do on the day thousands of people were leaving the ship and thousands more were boarding and that you wish you hadn't inconvenienced your family because you forgot your booze and that you've decided to expand your horizons by trying another cruiseline. Am I right? ;)

Cheerleader!!

Wait, is that name calling? :D

OP posted: On the morning of my departure I realized that the booze that we bought days earlier on the ship never made it to our room.

Sorry, but yes -- I contend it is up to passengers to keep track of what they've bought BEFORE the ship pulls into port and thousands of people start scrambling to leave. I don't buy booze on the ship, so maybe I don't understand the problem. Why wasn't this addressed the night before?

OP posted: On the morning of my departure I realized that the booze that we bought days earlier on the ship never made it to our room.

Sorry, but yes -- I contend it is up to passengers to keep track of what they've bought BEFORE the ship pulls into port and thousands of people start scrambling to leave. I don't buy booze on the ship, so maybe I don't understand the problem. Why wasn't this addressed the night before?

I contend that Carnival makes a contract with you. They will take your money and not give you your purchase, with the promise that it will be given to you on the last night. On the last night, perhaps 6 days after your purchase you are out enjoying yourself, then you are back at your cabin trying to pack up, make sure you have your paperwork, your luggage is ready and all that stuff. How simple is it to forget about a delivery? Very. So the ship pulls into port and now the ship is too busy to make it right? Nope, I think the ship was negligent.

Archived