Carnival Dream lost my liquor!

imouer

On the morning of my departure I realized that the booze that we bought days earlier on the ship never made it to our room. Well I went to guest services that send be to some conf room on deck 4 or 5, the called the steward that said he put in in my room.. I went back to my room to see if I missed it... I went back to that room, they sent me to guest services again.... Well by now its been 1.5 hours of dragging my fam around the boat and I am very late getting underway on my 20 hour drive home now.... and they are telling me that they will not give me a refund... SOoooo this is likely my last Carnival Cruise, the food sucks anyway...:mad:

Couple of bottles of Bacardi Select. I dont care so much about the money I lost but rather the way that I was treated and passed around. They either didnt believe me or simply didnt care.

Last fall when I cruised, they had not delivered my onboard purchased 3 bottles to my cabin by the night before. (they did deliver the bottles bought in port) I took my receipt back up to the store. Same employee was working that I bought from. I had to wait in line, but when I got to the front I told him that it hadn't been delivered. He looked it up in a log, apologized that it got overlooked and then promptly packed it for me. I had also bought a couple bottles in port. Thank goodness I was paying attention and double checked that I had received everything, otherwise I might not have realized until we got home.

Check your purchases everyone!

Last fall when I cruised, they had not delivered my onboard purchased 3 bottles to my cabin by the night before. (they did deliver the bottles bought in port) I took my receipt back up to the store. Same employee was working that I bought from. I had to wait in line, but when I got to the front I told him that it hadn't been delivered. He looked it up in a log, apologized that it got overlooked and then promptly packed it for me. I had also bought a couple bottles in port. Thank goodness I was paying attention and double checked that I had received everything, otherwise I might not have realized until we got home.

Check your purchases everyone!

Yes, and while the store is still open.

My steward made me sign a form when he delivered my booze the last night. If you didn't sign anything and have the receipt, I would be elevating this to Carnival so you get your money back! I'm sorry you are dealing with this

Couple of bottles of Bacardi Select. I dont care so much about the money I lost but rather the way that I was treated and passed around. They either didnt believe me or simply didnt care.

Sounds like something someone would take :), stay on top of this call and call again, hopefully it will turn up.

they will refer you to an outsourced company who will likely refund your money. We never got our liquor, but we weren't charged. Asked them to send it to me, nbut they can't due to taxing regulations. This time I will make sure the charge is on my S&S and I have my liquor the night before. Either call or email customerservice@starboardcruise.com 800-540-4785

If I buy any booze in the ship onboard I buy it on the last sea day and take it with me to my cabin. When I buy booze in port I NEVER let them take it. I just walk on past to the stairs if the elevator is not there or get on the elevator that just showed up. I've only ever given my booze over once....

If I buy any booze in the ship onboard I buy it on the last sea day and take it with me to my cabin. When I buy booze in port I NEVER let them take it. I just walk on past to the stairs if the elevator is not there or get on the elevator that just showed up. I've only ever given my booze over once....

Good idea! I did have my receipt and the store was not open the morning we left btw.

Thanks for that number too

On my second cruise on the Glory they lost my alcohol. THey eventually paid me for it after ninety days. I gave them the receipt. felt sorry for the officer at guest service as she looked for hours. They knew they delivered it to the wrong cabin and the cabin denied that they got it .Finally did get the money for it but could not get the alcohol for the price they gave me

We we on a back-to-back cruise and bought 5 bottles of booze. Others on the same b2b got their booze but we didn't. We asked about it and they said because were on the next cruise, they would deliver it to us at the end of the cruise. We put up a stink but they held their ground. We told them we wanted a refund and that we didn't want the booze. They refunded us the money, but the night before we disembarked, our 5 bottles showed up and we were never charged for the booze. It's still sitting in the liquor cabinet untouched.

... They knew they delivered it to the wrong cabin and the cabin denied that they got it

They do a lot of goofy stuff like this. This is the 2nd time that i have been walking down the hall on a diff floor or end of the ship and just so happened to come across one of my suit cases too. Just dumb luck they I find my stuff

I thought it was a fleet-wide rule that alcohol bought in port is held until the night before debarkation.....

I thought it was a fleet-wide rule that alcohol bought in port is held until the night before debarkation.....

It is.

But some of us walk past the liquor collection table.

We actually had two bottles delivered to our room one night and I told the man two different times that it was not ours. He looked confused and said that my husband had probably bought it - I told him I didn't think so but I would ask. He came back and got the bottles a couple of hours later.

A dishonest person could have possibly just agreed and kept the bottles...but I think they some kind of check off list ... So I guess that either someone complained about not getting their package or the staff found the mistake.

On our B2B we bought booze on the 1st leg and they were supposed to deliver it on the last night of the 1st leg. When they didn't we went to guest services on the turn over day and they told us that we would get it on the last day of that leg. We went to the shops the next day and even though we couldn't produce a receipt, (I went to the cabin to look for the receipt), Samir in the Fun Shops researched for 45 minutes and determined that we did pay for the booze and it wasn't delivered. He packed it up and gave it to us to bring back to the cabin.

I made sure to mention it on the survey and my BF called Carnival and let them know about the excellent customer service he and others on the sailing gave.

It is a rule, but not well enforced. I do the same, skip the turn in and head to the room. I have never opened what I bought because I don't want it to leak on the trip home.

On our B2B we bought booze on the 1st leg and they were supposed to deliver it on the last night of the 1st leg. When they didn't we went to guest services on the turn over day and they told us that we would get it on the last day of that leg. We went to the shops the next day and even though we couldn't produce a receipt, (I went to the cabin to look for the receipt), Samir in the Fun Shops researched for 45 minutes and determined that we did pay for the booze and it wasn't delivered. He packed it up and gave it to us to bring back to the cabin.

I made sure to mention it on the survey and my BF called Carnival and let them know about the excellent customer service he and others on the sailing gave.

When on a B2B, always buy your booze on the lat night of the first leg an hand carry it back to the cabin ;)

On the morning of my departure I realized that the booze that we bought days earlier on the ship never made it to our room. Well I went to guest services that send be to some conf room on deck 4 or 5, the called the steward that said he put in in my room.. I went back to my room to see if I missed it... I went back to that room, they sent me to guest services again.... Well by now its been 1.5 hours of dragging my fam around the boat and I am very late getting underway on my 20 hour drive home now.... and they are telling me that they will not give me a refund... SOoooo this is likely my last Carnival Cruise, the food sucks anyway...:mad:

They lost my bottle of rum on our first cruise with Carnival in 2005. The rum wasn't for me, I don't drink rum. It was a collectors bottle I bought in port for a friend taking care of our two cockatiels.

Carnival's solution was to give me a $35 OBC on my next Carnival cruise. But this OBC was good only for 2 years. I never got to use it since it took longer than two years for me to come back to Carnival.

So, if I read this right, I think you're saying you should have been more diligent about keeping up with your possessions and that you aren't blaming Carnival since you waited until the last minute and there was little they could do on the day thousands of people were leaving the ship and thousands more were boarding and that you wish you hadn't inconvenienced your family because you forgot your booze and that you've decided to expand your horizons by trying another cruiseline. Am I right? ;)

So, if I read this right, I think you're saying you should have been more diligent about keeping up with your possessions and that you aren't blaming Carnival since you waited until the last minute and there was little they could do on the day thousands of people were leaving the ship and thousands more were boarding and that you wish you hadn't inconvenienced your family because you forgot your booze and that you've decided to expand your horizons by trying another cruiseline. Am I right? ;)

You are joking, right????

It always concerns me when I see several cabin doors propped open for cleaning and the steward is down the hall in another room. Not saying this is what happened to the bottles, but it is just too easy for a dishonest person to quickly slip in and pick-up items that are easy to reach.

:confused:

We did the Dream last year and on the night before departure day some liquor was delivered to our cabin. We knew something was wrong since we didn't buy any liquor. It turned out that they sent it to the right cabin number but on the wrong deck. So, it is possible that your liquor ended up in someone else's cabin and they thought it was a nice thing to keep it. We promptly called guest services who came and picked it up from our cabin and delivered it to the right cabin.

Archived