New Info on Millennium?

wolfganghowell

We may be returning to our favorite ship April 2006 after a 2 and a half year absence (we've been cheating on her with RCCL's Rhapsody)

I'd love some news on how the ship is holding up, any changes good or bad? It looks like they have added better excursions to Casa de Campo (thank goodness)

How's the food quality? Did I see something that she has a planned dry dock in the fall? So far my only complaint has been that they have started the fall season in the Caribbean so late!!

We like Rhapsody and have a blast and certainly like driving to port but we need our Millie!!

I took the Millie on a transatlantic in May. It was in excellent condition. The food was great too.

Click on the review section above and see my review which is the latest Millennium review.

Don

The Millennium will be in dry dock in the first half of November. I'm on the transatlantic immediatly after the dry dock, and called X customer service to see what was going to be done. They were very tight-lipped about the plans/improvements they have planned. Rumor-control has it they are going to be doing major work on the azipods and add crique du soliel.

Ok Don, I read your review. so I have some questions.

Ya'll look around my age but can I still be adopted by you?

Can Mr Wolf and I stay in the penthouse suite with you next time? I think it's big enough for all of us. We've done the regular suite thing and loved it but it sounds like you really got the "treatment." Glad to hear Millie is still treating everyone first class.

HA!

Mrs. Wolf:

I'd be happy to keep you and Mr. Wolf in the Penthouse during my next two transatlantic cruises in PS 6147 on the Millennium in May 06 and Nov 06 BUT

First you have to tell me:

What did you do with Little Red Riding Hood??

Once you come clean and there was nothing illegal in your activities I will gladly welcome you both with open arms!!!

See ya all on my next 2 Millie adventures...

Hey guys:

Retirement is great!! Don't work to long, life is too short. Work hard when you are young but after 50 start thinking "over and out".. I went to work on Aug 4th last year and just plain old QUIT!!!

Get this:

Blood pressure went from 165 to 112

Chlosterol went from 233 to 130

Stress from 10000000 to ZERO...

Check out the pictures too...

See ya.

Don in the other Bush State living on a fixed income - BUT NO INCOME TAX!!

ha ha - yes, Mr Wolf joins AARP in 6 days and we are looking forward to getting out of the rat race as soon as we have enough stashed to continue to cruise!!!! ha ha I'm just beginning the throes of a mid life crisis! I'm still having trouble admitting to 40!

I haven't touched that chick in the cape - I'm actually named in honor of a little black dog named Wolfgang!

We're planning Millie in the Caribbean in April 06 so we'll be able to give you the lowdown on a fairly current basis before your next visit.

By the way, we have been on Infinity and it is also a lovely ship. A bit more contemporary in decor than Millie, but we really enjoyed it. The specialty dining room on it is divine as well!

I was on the Millennium the week prior to Don's cruise but in a RS instead of the PH. The ship is great but I have to admit that I did notice some wear. I had been on the Summit twice before the Millennium so maybe I was open to comparisons.

You'll have a great time and nothing that I noticed affected the enjoyment of my cruise. The service was awesome and most of all, be sure to book at least one night in the Olympic. The goat cheese souffle and the chocolate souffle are always my favorite items.

I was on the Millennium the week prior to Don's cruise but in a RS instead of the PH. The ship is great but I have to admit that I did notice some wear. I had been on the Summit twice before the Millennium so maybe I was open to comparisons.

You'll have a great time and nothing that I noticed affected the enjoyment of my cruise. The service was awesome and most of all, be sure to book at least one night in the Olympic. The goat cheese souffle and the chocolate souffle are always my favorite items.

Parrotgirl

I am in total agreement with you about the Olympic Restaurant!!

I had only a taste of the choc souffle since I had the 6 surprise desserts.

Yes, this will be our 3rd on Millie and we are looking forward to our "reunion". The Olympic's goat cheese souffle and steak diane rival anything I have had in Dallas' best restaurants (and if you know anything about Dallas - we like to eat out!) We have had a great experience too in Infinity's SS United States.

Don - I'll take that good word! Can you get us upgraded to the Penthouse Suite? Hee hee

Yes, this will be our 3rd on Millie and we are looking forward to our "reunion". The Olympic's goat cheese souffle and steak diane rival anything I have had in Dallas' best restaurants (and if you know anything about Dallas - we like to eat out!) We have had a great experience too in Infinity's SS United States.

Don - I'll take that good word! Can you get us upgraded to the Penthouse Suite? Hee hee

Hey Guys:

When you get on the Millennium just tell'em you know Penthouse Don and that I said its OK to let you stay in my suite 6147,, NO PROBLEMO!!!!

LOL

Don

PS bgop - You have email !!! But, you can ask questions on here dont be intimidated plzzz,,, if you get flamed I have a solution..

Hey guys:

Retirement is great!! Don't work to long, life is too short. Work hard when you are young but after 50 start thinking "over and out".. I went to work on Aug 4th last year and just plain old QUIT!!!

Get this:

Blood pressure went from 165 to 112

Chlosterol went from 233 to 130

Stress from 10000000 to ZERO...

Check out the pictures too...

See ya.

Don in the other Bush State living on a fixed income - BUT NO INCOME TAX!!

Somewhat off topic, but I appreciate this post.

My father, who passed away a few years ago from stroke complications, and practiced dentistry for over 40 years had one real 'regret'. And that was by his own admission that he should have retired earlier.

Regards

So they will only add the Cirque du Soliel and is that it?

I understood that they were putting it into drydock to replace the propulsion system as well as sprucing.

I know on our Millie trans in 03 a generator went out and we had to hurry back to FLL arriving around 8 at night instead of the next morning to have it replaced. Since we had to stay on the ship until disembarkation, we were able to watch them cut a hole in the side of the ship to offload and onload. Felt sorry for those passengers on the dockside of the ship with all the noise and lights.

I just booked the Millennium for my first Celebrity cruise yesterday. It is the short 2night CTN in December right after the dry dock. Anyone have any other clues to the repairs and remodeling that might take place?

We're also on this cruise. There a a few of us from the trans who decided to go for the extra two nights.

See you onboard.

My TA told me there are no plans to put Cirque du soleil on Millie - they are sticking wtih Summit and Constellation only. Of course, I can only hope she's wrong since I would love to see that addition.

We have also stayed in the same room on Millie every time. It is referred to as "our" room. We even had it on Infinity. CC 9038! Great extra large square balcony!

FYI:

I was told by the powers to be that the Cirque thing was a bad decision and X will not really move forward with it on any other ships, ie, the Millie.

I think the info was from a very reliable source.

Don

I hope it is true that X is not going forward with converting all of the 11 forward lounges. We were on Constellation for the May 7th Baltic cruise. We were looking forward to the Cirque venue and were extremely disappointed. This venue has nothing to do with Cirque du Soleil. It pure and simply a Disco lounge with a strange sort of twist. The 11 forward space on Millennium class ships was multi purpose. It was a great observation lounge during the day, great meeting place for cocktails, great disco, and much more. Now it is just a disco were Celebrity feels they can charge exorbitant prices for a drink.

What can you tell me about the RS ? - Does there appear to be a difference between one and the other ?

(We're booked in RS 6141 October 5, 2006 - Europe) - Might still have time to change if you've got a recommendation)

Thanks !

I've been in 6137 and 6142 and they were pretty much the same as far as layout and size. You'll enjoy it. Which ship are you on? I didn't like the uncovered balcony on Millennium. I liked Summit's covered balcony better.

Archived