Clear definitive answer... maybe???

I have Googled, searched on CCL's website and searched this forum and can't find a definitive answer.

When I got the call to upgrade to a Grand Suite from a Junior Suite I told the Carnival representative that we had FTTF booked because I wanted the cabin ready when we get onboard since I am carrying on my wedding dress and want to put it in the cabin right away. (we aren't getting married at embarkation but the 3rd day of the cruise). He assured me that part of the GS was that the cabin WOULD indeed be ready when I get on board and we also get the priority boarding.

I can find answers about priority boarding, I can find answers about VIP Guest Services and if our bags will be expedited (which I keep seeing no, but that is fine with me), I can even find a thousand threads about people complaining about the LACK of VIP/Suite Perks.

What I cannot find a true answer to is if my cabin will be ready when we board early (around 11am). Unfortunately I didn't realize that my fiance already cancelled FTTF and I don't really want to have to go buy it again if we don't need to.

Any ideas? I'm getting pretty frustrated that the Carnival FAQ's are really hard to navigate... I'm giving up and going to bed soon, but any answers you can provide would be greatly appreciated!!! :D

If you had a Junior Suite booked, there was no need to purchase FTTF.

With a Suite, you get Priority boarding. Along with that is cabin is (supposed) to be ready for you upon embarkation and luggage is (supposed) to be fast tracked to your cabin.

Will it happen?

No where does it say "guaranteed", and even if it did,,,, ship happens sometimes.

Suites get priority embarkation and debarkation only.

There is no difference in perks between ocean and grand suites.

That being said I you went straight to your cabin with your dress no one would stop you. If your room isn't ready just let the Steward know what you are doing.

If you had a Junior Suite booked, there was no need to purchase FTTF.

With a Suite, you get Priority boarding. Along with that is cabin is (supposed) to be ready for you upon embarkation and luggage is (supposed) to be fast tracked to your cabin.

Will it happen?

No where does it say "guaranteed", and even if it did,,,, ship happens sometimes.

Suites get priority embarkation and debarkation only.

There is no difference in perks between ocean and grand suites.

That being said I you went straight to your cabin with your dress no one would stop you. If your room isn't ready just let the Steward know what you are doing.

Thank you both. I'm not going to worry about it then. Big Duck, I never did think about just talking to the Steward since I have my wedding dress. I literally just want to put it in the closet and go back up on deck to have a nice drink and relax. :p

Archived