Carnival Splendor - Room 8424

Katar

Just booked our next cruise - DW, DD (3yo) and I are are taking Carnival Splendor from NY to Eastern Carribean on May 9th! For DW and me this will be our 14th cruise and a 3rd on Carnival (1st time on Splendor), and it will be our DD's 4th cruise.

As excited as I am, I have a concern with our cabin location. In the past, we always picked a room that was sandwiched on top and bottom between others and never had any noise problems. This time, we took advantage of a category upgrade promotion and ended up with a cabin number 8424. It's a balcony room on the Verandah's deck aft and is located directly under the Lido deck, which I believe is the Serenity Area. According to the deck plans, we will be right under the Deli. I think this is better than being directly under a public area where there is a constant traffic of guests throughout the day and chairs get moved at night. But still, having a quiet room is very important because we are traveling with a 3yo who is a light sleeper.

I don't know if changing rooms is still an option now that the cruise is paid for in full. I am also not sure if we can request a room change when on board (in case it is too noisy and if there are empty cabins available). Or am I worried over nothing and noise will not be an issue? Perhaps others who stayed in thsi area on Splendior can chime in with their feedback? Any and all advise regarding this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I've sailed Splendor 3 times now and while I've never had a cabin in that location, if I were you I might look into booking another cabin if possible. The pizzeria itself might not be all that busy, there is a major corridor right there between the Lido pool and the buffet areas. There are a few tables and chairs near the pizzeria where people are constantly moving chairs at all hours while waiting for their pizza, not to mention the foot traffic between the pool area and the buffet.

In short, that is a VERY busy area of the ship and it sounds like it'll be right over your heads. Hopefully you can switch cabins.

Actually I just re-checked teh plans and it looks like we will be under the Liner bar... Now I am really nervous :confused:

Yes, I just checked the deckplans and that's where you'll be, under that bar. Forget about my comments regarding the pizzeria and the noise. You be MUCH better off under that bar since that area of Lido really dies down at night, even the bar. You might hear some noise during the day with people moving their loungers, but at night when the little one is asleep, it should be quiet. Enjoy your cruise! :D

You have nothing to fear! I had that cabin (which is a quad) on my last cruise in Aug 2012. Yes it is below the Liner Bar, more specifically the deli. You will not hear any noise at night when you sleep. The back deck becomes a ghost town later at night. The only noise I heard was during the day an occasional sound of something like a cart being rolled could be heard. This was no big deal at all. It is a good location for a room to get right up to the back pool and the lido restaurant is a stone's throw away for ice retrieval if you want to keep things cool. The mini fridge does a poor job and getting room temperature sodas cold. Happy cruising! I miss the Splendor already.

Awsome! It was the location and close proximity of this room to the buffet, camp carnival and the spash zone that attracted us in the first place. Knowing that noise should not be an issue makes it so much better. Thanks everyone!

8424 is over by the deli- not the bar.

it is two cabins away from the door way that leads to the deli area.

(The deli closes at 11pm)

the midnight deck party is held by the mid ship pool area.

I dont think you will have to worry about noise with this cabin choice

Archived