Dover to Tenterden

I must admit you had me lost with Tenterden for a while but you are right it is the location of THE KENT AND EAST SUSSEX RAILWAY.

The link has a "how to get here" section. As far as I can see there are no trains and you would need get a bus from Dover to Ashford and then change for Tenterden.

Nick

NCL Star March 2004

As you're still interested in this, I've had a bit more of a dig around for you.

Have a look at this map on the UK Heritage Railways site. Dover is basically at the bottom right hand corner of the country.

A nearby steam railway is the East Kent Railway near Dover, and you can get there by train from Dover. The downside is that they only run trains on Sundays, which probably gives it a 1-in-7 chance of being useful for you.

There's also the Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch Railway, although it may be more difficult to get to.

Also have a look at the Spa Valley Railway and the Sittingbourne and Kemsley Light Railway, both of which appear to be close to public transport. Sittingbourne is on the main train line from Dover to London so should be quite well served.

Archived