Executive floor no guests allowed ever wonder

fishycomics

RCCL has a bank of suites on the Oasis and Allure than require card access for the hallways. The few amenities in the common area on that floor are available for everyone use.

M

And it was great. It did cut down on unwanted traffic (kids) in the loft suites area. This is one reason that we always booked this type cabin.:)

I was reading today about a passenger ship where the stairs were arranged so that the 2nd class and 1st class passengers could not see each other and you landed in a different place on each deck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The crew quarters are off limits. :D

Cunard lines still operate their ships as ocean liners and not cruse ships. They still have different classes and decks where passengers are segregated by classes.

There is a group that is building a replica Titanic. It will sail with different classes just as the original did. The only thing they won't replicate is the sinking.

You do have a private enclave. It's called a 'cabin'.

The thing is they got rid of a class system for a reason. It was not profitable.

Wow. A little snarky? I must confess, I haven't studied the past finances of various cruise lines as you obviously have to speak with such authority to the profitability of a certain model.:rolleyes: But I'm willing to speculate that there is a market for it, because you're already starting to see it (Reflection suite area, The Haven on NCL, Loft Suites on Oasis and Allure). Not all the way there yet, but really it's only a matter of time.

Wow. A little snarky? I must confess, I haven't studied the past finances of various cruise lines as you obviously have to speak with such authority to the profitability of a certain model.:rolleyes: But I'm willing to speculate that there is a market for it, because you're already starting to see it (Reflection suite area, The Haven on NCL, Loft Suites on Oasis and Allure). Not all the way there yet, but really it's only a matter of time.

Funny how you see. The truth as snarky? Weird. Interesting thought pattern none the less. Anything else you would like to add?

Fact....as I'm sure your aware but choose to ignore. ALL ships until the mid to late 60's were two class..some three classes. They got rid of them because there was not a need with more and more declining bookings of the first class areas but they retained the suites for those that wanted to pay. You do not get rid of something if it pays....business 101. They found that the ships that were popular and stayed highly booked were the ones where the passengers had the run of the entire ship. Not shut out from certain public rooms or facilities.

Now those areas you mention are an attempt to segment a portion of the market....and I'm sure there is a small segment that is willing to pay. But are you honestly telling you think that cruise lines think there is a future in dividing an entire ship in half and returning to the 'good old days' .

I was once fortunate enough to travel as a guest with a good friend in the most 1st class, executive suite, top drawer, gold key, secret hand shake ,keep out the riff raff out vacation of them all. Not a cruise but a land based vacation.

Don't knock it if you haven't tried it...........It sure as hell doesn't suck *LOL*

Everyone should experience that type of pampering once in their life.

I am sure there is a market for all that on a cruise. Hell if I had the money I would be their market *LOL*

I can see a cruise line making an area on the ship for those people , (The Villa suites, Haven, Aqua Class etc) . But I don't see making half the ship or going back to the old class sytem being proftable.

When we go on vacation we like to go first class, we fly first class,largest suites in hotels and suites (no lower than a Royal Suite on cruise ships). We do not like the bigger ships because we don't use all the amentities. We like to be waited on in our suite by the butler. We don't gamble or use the pool ( it's to crowded and you hear are people talking. We like privacy although we do like to walk around the ship and get out we truly enjoy the balcony for quite time. I always tell people if you will be at the pool, gambling or or the night clubs get a cheaper room, you won't be there that often. Everyone has the own views and it doens't mean you are right or wrong. We all have choices. I would rather take 1 or 2 trips a year and do it the way we do rather than3-5 and have a standard room with balcony. Just not our cup of tea.:o

Don't knock it if you haven't tried it...........It sure as hell doesn't suck *LOL*

Everyone should experience that type of pampering once in their life.

quote]

I'll try anything once...twice if I like it :). And I definitely should experience that kind of pampering!

Stalking alert...;)! Babyher, I did a photo session highlighting my art...got some gorgeous (I'm not conceited) shots. Email me if you want to see!

Now those areas you mention are an attempt to segment a portion of the market....and I'm sure there is a small segment that is willing to pay. But are you honestly telling you think that cruise lines think there is a future in dividing an entire ship in half and returning to the 'good old days' .

No, I'm not "honestly" telling you that. I'm not even suggesting they divide the "entire ship in half". That is ridiculous and not even remotely close to what the OP was suggesting, or what I was speaking in favor of. Evidently you are reading an entirely different thread than the rest of us.:confused:

Society is segmented. Some people live in million dollar homes and others apartments. At this point in life, I am with those that want the finer things. I like suites, fly first class, and stay in the best hotels. However, back when we had kids, and were working hard, we had an inside cabin, and flew in coach. There is something for everyone. I personally like the smaller ships, and the suites with a butler.everyone has different tastes and I really do not see what the issue is. To each his own. Xpedition, July 2013 suite 604, Silversea November 2013 silver suite, It is the way some of us want to travel, and I will bet you that like us, these people save their money for a few really fantastic trips a year.

Having cruised in the recent past in a "regular" cabin and also in a Royal Suite I can say I loved both, of course, I loved the Royal Suite more, it was a wonderful stateroom.....did I feel the need or even desire in any way for it be closed in a private area from the rest of the ship and patrons? No, in fact I would have been MOST uncomfortable in that scenario.....no matter what we are all just people and my stateroom IS my haven, I don't need a private bar, pool, anything .... I've been in the Penthouse on several X ships.....what in the world more would you need....I don't agree that it is "trending that way" at all....yes Royal has its Crown Loft Suites on the Oasis Class-2 ships, which I've also seen, but it's a tiny segment and with the rollout of its new "Quantum" series I saw nothing about repeating this in that class...not saying that for certain, but they sure didn't push it in the introduction to that class last week. If I'm lucky enough to ever be in a Royal Suite again I will be quite happy to be there and to share ALL the rest of the ship with ALL the rest of the people. Shoot being on a ship is all I need.....:)

Having cruised in the recent past in a "regular" cabin and also in a Royal Suite I can say I loved both, of course, I loved the Royal Suite more, it was a wonderful stateroom.....did I feel the need or even desire in any way for it be closed in a private area from the rest of the ship and patrons? No, in fact I would have been MOST uncomfortable in that scenario.....no matter what we are all just people and my stateroom IS my haven, I don't need a private bar, pool, anything .... I've been in the Penthouse on several X ships.....what in the world more would you need....I don't agree that it is "trending that way" at all....yes Royal has its Crown Loft Suites on the Oasis Class-2 ships, which I've also seen, but it's a tiny segment and with the rollout of its new "Quantum" series I saw nothing about repeating this in that class...not saying that for certain, but they sure didn't push it in the introduction to that class last week. If I'm lucky enough to ever be in a Royal Suite again I will be quite happy to be there and to share ALL the rest of the ship with ALL the rest of the people. Shoot being on a ship is all I need.....:)

They are adding loft suites to the Quantum class. They are located aft.

They are adding loft suites to the Quantum class. They are located aft.

ah, okay, do they have their own locked wing too as they do on Oasis? When I was in the Crown Loft in Oasis the guests that were actually staying there did NOT like the isolation from the rest of the ship...

ah, okay, do they have their own locked wing too as they do on Oasis? When I was in the Crown Loft in Oasis the guests that were actually staying there did NOT like the isolation from the rest of the ship...

Not sure if it will be locked area. I loved the location of the loft suites. By far our favorite cabins of any ship.

Not sure if it will be locked area. I loved the location of the loft suites. By far our favorite cabins of any ship.

Really...that's interesting...I found it very spacious for certain but like the Royal Suites on Solstice class ships better...different strokes...there's something for everyone!!!:)

Funny how you see. The truth as snarky? Weird. Interesting thought pattern none the less. Anything else you would like to add?

Fact....as I'm sure your aware but choose to ignore. ALL ships until the mid to late 60's were two class..some three classes. They got rid of them because there was not a need with more and more declining bookings of the first class areas but they retained the suites for those that wanted to pay. You do not get rid of something if it pays....business 101. They found that the ships that were popular and stayed highly booked were the ones where the passengers had the run of the entire ship. Not shut out from certain public rooms or facilities.

Now those areas you mention are an attempt to segment a portion of the market....and I'em sure there is a small segment that is willing to pay. But are you honestly telling you think that cruise lines think there is a future in dividing an entire ship in half and returning to the 'good old days' .

try and book on NCL in the Haven it will be difficult to do because they book quickly What does that tell you. I think ships will use the upper deck like NCL for the 1st class area.

Yeah.

If you have the money to pamper yourself, why not?

I'm still working at it though. :)

I consider it a total waste of resources. The GV suites on NCL are at least ten times the cost of an inside cabin.

I prefer to take ten cruises in an inside rather than spend the same amount for a GV on one cruise.

Archived