When are Theme Cruise sailing dates posted?

beachbum53

I know that, unlike regular cruises, theme cruises tend to sell out fairly quickly. In order to have the best chance at booking a theme cruise, and having the best chance of getting the cabin you want, when are theme cruise sailing dates first posted. We're looking specifically for an Oldies Rock N Roll or Doo-Wop cruise. I know there's a Doo-Wop cruise coming up in Oct./2013, but by the time I found out about it we already had other plans and it was too late to make plans for that cruise. So, for next year (2014), when should we start looking?

I would suggest to go to the theme cruise finder website...identify the "full charter" music cruises that you are interested in, go to each website and sign up for their newsletters. You will then receive notification for the 2014 offerings. These cruises are so popular that they usually are open for sale 12-14 months in advance and sell out quickly (but waitlist are encouraged). They usually have a high % of repeat cruisers that book while they are onboard the 2013 sailing. There is still time to go this year, final payments are due 90-120 days before sailing and cabins open up when final payments are not made. If you are looking at 2014 sailings the good news is that most offerings have great monthly payment plans.

My other suggestion if you are looking at 50-60's oldies cruise is to contact your favorite oldies radio program for suggestions. Many radio stations.sponsor theme cruises on regular cruises usually arrange thru a designated travel agency They will book several oldies acts that do private concerts and activities and charge a higher rate then the normal rate but much cheaper then a full charter

Be careful and do your due diligence about the promoter before booking. You can utilize this board to see if others have been on other theme cruises with this promoter

These types of music theme cruises are incredible....good luck

I would suggest to go to the theme cruise finder website...identify the "full charter" music cruises that you are interested in, go to each website and sign up for their newsletters. You will then receive notification for the 2014 offerings. These cruises are so popular that they usually are open for sale 12-14 months in advance and sell out quickly (but waitlist are encouraged). They usually have a high % of repeat cruisers that book while they are onboard the 2013 sailing. There is still time to go this year, final payments are due 90-120 days before sailing and cabins open up when final payments are not made. If you are looking at 2014 sailings the good news is that most offerings have great monthly payment plans.

My other suggestion if you are looking at 50-60's oldies cruise is to contact your favorite oldies radio program for suggestions. Many radio stations.sponsor theme cruises on regular cruises usually arrange thru a designated travel agency They will book several oldies acts that do private concerts and activities and charge a higher rate then the normal rate but much cheaper then a full charter

Be careful and do your due diligence about the promoter before booking. You can utilize this board to see if others have been on other theme cruises with this promoter

These types of music theme cruises are incredible....good luck

Thanks for the tips, especially about signing up for newsletters. I'll do that this weekend so I don't forget.:)

Archived