help with Bermuda for 1 day

larry the lobster

Help... I need help in trying to figure out what to do with my family in Bermuda. I will be traveling with my husband , 13 year old daughter and my parents in their mid 60's. Since I am traveling with my parents snorkeling is out and they really aren't beach people. Any ideas would be appreciated!!! And we will only be in Bermuda from 8am to 4pm.

Help... I need help in trying to figure out what to do with my family in Bermuda. I will be traveling with my husband , 13 year old daughter and my parents in their mid 60's. Since I am traveling with my parents snorkeling is out and they really aren't beach people. Any ideas would be appreciated!!! And we will only be in Bermuda from 8am to 4pm.

The Maritime Museum is an interesting way to spend a few hours (maybe not for the 13 year old). And it's air conditioned. You could kill an hour checking out the stores at Clocktower Mall.

Or...hire one of the blue-flagged taxis for a private tour. The rate is set by the government, I think it's $40 or $50 an hour. So, a four hour tour would be $160 to $200 for all five of your group. Let the driver show you around or tell him where to take you -- the choice is yours.

You can spend your shore time for 1 day in the Dockyard area you dock at. There is lots to do and if you have never visited Bermuda it is a great starting point. Ship stays in view from almost everywhere. If your more adventurous you can take the Ferry (which you board close to the ship) and go to Hamilton. You are dropped off right downtown and all the shopping and many of the landmarks are close.

As the other poster said a private taxi tour is also a great way to see some of the island and find some places you want to revisit on your next trip. There are great resources on the web for activities in Bermuda so do a little snooping and I'm sure you will find something you all can enjoy.

Bermuda is our favorite cruise stop for my DW and I. We are going for our 3rd time in less then 3 weeks. We also are only there, like you for one day, from 8-4 and since it is a Saturday the Ferry does not go to St. Georges on the weekend so I think we are going back to Hamilton and hit some of the shops we missed last year. (I want to take a bus from Hamilton to St. Georges but my better half isn't all that excited to spend over an hour on the bus lol) so I am betting Hamilton will be it for us.

Happy Cruising and Enjoy the Beautiful Island of Bermuda!:D

We love Bermuda, too. I second the ferry to Hamilton. The day of the week you will be there makes a difference. If it is a Sunday, the schedules are different [less options] and the taxi has a surcharge.

The Ferry between Hamilton and the Docyard takes about 30--ish minutes. We took an early Ferry and walked around Hamilton. We visited Fort Hamilton, the Capitol building [took a tour] and shopped until we were tired and hungry. There were a couple of nice art exhibits that were free and a church.

We took the ferry back to the dockyard and ate a late lunch [2:30] at Johnny Rockets.

We will be there on a Saturday. We have been to Bermuda before but only had a short stay there because the was a storm coming and so the Captain only let us off ship for about 4 or 5 hours. We did go to Hamilton but I don't remember doing anything but a little shopping.

We are doing a one day stop in August.

Our plan is to take the ferry over to Hamilton. Walk around for a while, then take a cab over to Horseshoe bay. We're not really beach lovers, but we will be traveling with family that have never been to Bermuda. It would be a shame to go and not see the pink sand.

We will have to brush ourselves off well before trying to catch a taxi back to either the ferry or directly to the ship.

The taxi drivers don't like to pick up sandy passengers. Understandable.

We are doing a one day stop in August.

Our plan is to take the ferry over to Hamilton. Walk around for a while, then take a cab over to Horseshoe bay. We're not really beach lovers, but we will be traveling with family that have never been to Bermuda. It would be a shame to go and not see the pink sand.

We will have to brush ourselves off well before trying to catch a taxi back to either the ferry or directly to the ship.

The taxi drivers don't like to pick up sandy passengers. Understandable.

How many are you traveling with? Taxis only hold 6 passengers.

Unless there is a reason for returning to Hamilton after Horseshoe Bay, return directly to the cruise ship. This would be the quickest way to return.

Also, cash is not accepted on the ferry, so before boarding, you will have to buy tokens or a Transportation Pass at the Visitor Information Center on the wharf.

SBtS

Archived