2014 europe

mcatmcat

hi guys

I usually sail from Fl or near by and I was planning to take an europe cruise in 2014 in May. i was looking at the prices and I see schedules for royal and NCL but I cant find anything sailing from Spain in May of 2014, since Im not really familiar with carnival and his Europe schedule I was wondering if they are not going to sail away from Spain next year or if they haven't put the schedule yet for 2014

Thank you guys.

John Heald said the other day on Facebook that they would have a ship in Europe. I had seen the Spirit booked in to Dubrovnik port during 2014 however apparently it will not be the Spirit that will be doing the Europe itineraries.

The schedules should be released in the next few weeks.

No schedule yet.

I read the other day that both Princess and Royal are cutting back in Europe next year because the market is very soft. Carnival may not go at all.

We plan to do our first European cruise next year and thinking Carnival will not be there.

Time will tell.

RCL are brining Osais over to the Med in September 2014 for a few weeks, you should see the prices. Scary. I can't see those selling well, as the dates are when the kids in Europe are back in school.

They are apparently selling like hot cakes.

To those saying "John Heald said...." yes, it's true he may have said it, and it's true that he, and maybe at the time Carnival believe they will be there. Yes, there is a place holder ship at some of the ports holding a spot. But they may still decide not to go back over to Europe next year based on the soft bookings.

How soft are Carnival's 2013 Europe bookings? They had two ships for the full season, but decided to bring the Legend back early. My late October booking on Sunshine was/is part of the Friends and Family sale that is technically only on sailings through the end of August. That should give you an idea as to how soft Europe bookings are.

So until Carnival actually announces a European schedule, I don't know if they'll be there next year. Even then, my advice to people would be to pay more for airfare and the cruise and go midseason in case they eliminate sailings early or late in the season.

I'm really hoping Carnival has a ship in Europe for 2014. Yes, the market appears to be soft, but Carnival's itineraries best match where we hope to go next summer so we're holding off making a decision until they post the schedule. We looked into both NCL and RCCL and have possible back up plans, but Carnival is the only line that at least currently sails to Spain, Italy, Turkey, and Croatia and for a lower fare than half the port offerings on the other lines. We may just plan another land based trip if they drop it.

Turkey and Athens were added as an afterthought in October after I had booked. We lost Monaco and Majorca.

My money for this change was that bookings were low, so they chose more juicier ports to try and gain custom.

As you can tell I am from the UK my airfare has shot up, doubled in fact from when I booked, so that will be putting off lots of Brits. For three of us to get to the Med and back it now costs $1500, :eek: I paid $750 which is what we would expect to pay for Europe flights in prime school holiday time.

I think some people are sitting on the fence from Europe and will book as it gets closer. Our cruise on the Sunshine has gone up $200 this week even in the sail. It's not far off the price pre-sail so they must be selling cabins.

I think they will be back in 2014. But may have a shorted season sailing back at the end of September and arriving in May. The Med can be quite chilly earlier and personally I wouldn't want to cruise the Med after mid September due to weather fluctuations.

I'm really hoping Carnival has a ship in Europe for 2014. Yes, the market appears to be soft, but Carnival's itineraries best match where we hope to go next summer so we're holding off making a decision until they post the schedule. We looked into both NCL and RCCL and have possible back up plans, but Carnival is the only line that at least currently sails to Spain, Italy, Turkey, and Croatia and for a lower fare than half the port offerings on the other lines. We may just plan another land based trip if they drop it.

We are also waiting to see all of our options and hoping for Carnival as it is what we are familiar with and the prices are right. We do have RCCL as a backup after looking at them and NCL as well.

You might want to check Celebrity - they seem to be giving away their Med cruises, with drink packages and gratuities thrown in for good measure. It's a shame the airfares are so exorbitant from the U.S. now - I'm sure that's a big factor in declining sales.

In all fairness, my cruise and airfare are less than $1800. I have friends paying $1500 for five days in Jamaica at the same time of year. I know the prices have been on the rise for years, so I don't think we're going to see airfare drop. if cruise lines continue to go over, they'll have to make up for that if they expect to bring over people from any country outside of a "close" proximity.

• 5 months later...
hi guys

I usually sail from Fl or near by and I was planning to take an europe cruise in 2014 in May. i was looking at the prices and I see schedules for royal and NCL but I cant find anything sailing from Spain in May of 2014, since Im not really familiar with carnival and his Europe schedule I was wondering if they are not going to sail away from Spain next year or if they haven't put the schedule yet for 2014

Thank you guys.

We live in Florida we are looking 2014 , no decisions yet.Looking at May or September,RC,CL,Norwegian.

I read several articles that Carnival wasn't returning to Europe. But then again I read several articles that the Freedom and Victory are getting a major Sunshine-like renovation. Do you think maybe those ships shall sail Europe?

Except the articles about Freedom and Victory are based on pure speculation. Carnival itself, while getting very close to saying they'll get the make-overs, haven't come out and said that yet, at least not that I've seen. Carnival has said that they won't be in Europe in 2014. They will likely be in Europe in 2016 with the Vista. If they go back to Europe in 2015 will likely depend on what kind of sales other lines get in Europe during 2014.

Archived