Martini bar staff on Eclipse.

kevo

Please can you help me I am trying to find out if Putu who was working at the martini bar on Silhouette last October is he now on Eclipse ?

Only last year when talking to him that is where he wanted to come back to after his time off.

Also dose anyone know any of the names of the staff working at the martini bar at the moment only we board on the 20/04/2013 T/A :cool:

Thank you.

Please can you help me I am trying to find out if Putu who was working at the martini bar on Silhouette last October is he now on Eclipse ?

Only last year when talking to him that is where he wanted to come back to after his time off.

Also dose anyone know any of the names of the staff working at the martini bar at the moment only we board on the 20/04/2013 T/A :cool:

Thank you.

Maybe there are two Putu's. I was on the Eclipse TA in late October and Putu Butadnyana was working the Martini bar on the Eclipse. I remember him well because he was also on the Martini bar on board the Equinox about a year earlier. The Putu I met was also finishing his contract and his comment was that he was expecting to go to Reflection when he came back. I have no way of knowing if he is on Reflection or some other ship. But if you met Putu on board Silhouette, I just don't know what to say.

I tried to upload his picture but I guess it's beyond my technical expertise.

I just read that Summit review by purplsmurf and they mentioned that Putu was working with Gede on the Summit. They were together on the Eclipse TA. But him being on Silhouette kind of throws me.

We have just come off Eclipse sailing 23 March - 6 April and there was a Putu in the Martini bar, he is a small chap with a bald head who has a great sense of humour.

I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't Putu Butadnyana who I last saw on Eclipse working with Gede (Igede Putra). Putu wasn't very tall, and he did have a receeding hairline, but I wouldn't call him bald.

Thank you to all of you.

But i think small Putu with bald head may be the one.

I think he only came back after is time off on the 23 March.

Having come off the Eclipse on the 6th, we can say all the guy's on the Martini bar were great fun, they had a wicked sense of humour and were very entertaining. We loved the bar and ended up there at the end of most evenings after the first week. Two were from Indonesia and one from Eastern Europe (can't remember the precise country) plus some others occcasionally.

It is really amazing how different the experience at the Martini bar (or any bar for that matter) can be with different bartenders. We LOVED our first cruise experience and hitting the Martini bar for the social interaction, and we were bored to tears with the bartender on our second cruise. He just stood silently and handed out menus. He made awesome drinks, but his shyness was not suited to the Martini Bar. We're hoping third time is a charm this Oct on the Solstice.

Thank you for all the great feedback. The Putu we know is in the photo supplied by Staffy. On every cruise we have been on with Celebrity either he or Peter (also in the photo) or both together have been on Martini bar and are seriously great guys. Our cruise would not be the same without either or both of them.

He might have been a great bartender, they all were on Eclipse on the 3/9 cruise, but Jayhson was our waiter and he was the best we've had in years. Great sense of humor and knew us after the 1st night. Look him up, he's wonderful! Tell him the Sheriff and Posse said hi.

He might have been a great bartender, they all were on Eclipse on the 3/9 cruise, but Jayhson was our waiter and he was the best we've had in years. Great sense of humor and knew us after the 1st night. Look him up, he's wonderful! Tell him the Sheriff and Posse said hi.

Hi kevo,

My wife and I were on the December 1st cruise last year and Jayhson was also our waiter. What a great attentive guy, always knew our drinks and made sure we were served as soon as we sat down.

I know his wife was expecting another child around about June/July and he was so looking forward to it.

If you meet him I'm sure you'll agree waht a great guy he was, if you do see him tell him John and Cath from Scotland said hello.

The Putu we met on the Summit is Putu Jonie. I do have a pic but it is on my camera. I will have to see if I can download it. He is thin with dark hair......altho that probably doesn't help a bit. I am friends with him on Facebook. I can ask him if he worked on a different ship before the Summit

Thank you for all the great feedback. The Putu we know is in the photo supplied by Staffy. On every cruise we have been on with Celebrity either he or Peter (also in the photo) or both together have been on Martini bar and are seriously great guys. Our cruise would not be the same without either or both of them.

Hello Kevo

We love Putu too!:) We saw him last year on the Silhouette. Lucky you - you will see him on the Eclipse in 4 days' time! I was hoping he was

going to be on Reflection when we go in September, but it doesn't look like it, as they usually do 6 months on, don't they. I am gutted!:(

Like other people said, the bartenders at the Martini Bar can really make a difference to your holiday. Please will you say hello to him and give him

our love. Our names are Katherine and Michael. I am sure he will remember us from the Silhouette last September. Tell him I used to have an Apple Martini! He did a great rendition of Lady Gaga's Poker Face and also the titanic song!! Our holiday will not be the same without him!

Wonder who we will get on Reflection?

Thank you - and have a great holiday!

Katherine

mjmiller...............that was my wife's name before I changed her into a respectable Polish last name!

You apparently have previous experience with the Millie and are booked again. Could you please comment on all of the recent negative reviews about its condition even after the Solsticizing?

I just booked the West coast tour from Vancouver to SanDiego in September and wonder what's up with those negative Asia reviewers............several Brits I detect from comments and they may have different standards/expectations. Personally several Brits I have known could never have their steaks charred enough to ever make "well done"

We were on the Eclipse in January and Jayhson was our waiter every evening in the martini bar. He was wonderful and kept me in chocolate martinis!!!:)

Monika

mjmiller...............that was my wife's name before I changed her into a respectable Polish last name!

You apparently have previous experience with the Millie and are booked again. Could you please comment on all of the recent negative reviews about its condition even after the Solsticizing?

I just booked the West coast tour from Vancouver to SanDiego in September and wonder what's up with those negative Asia reviewers............several Brits I detect from comments and they may have different standards/expectations. Personally several Brits I have known could never have their steaks charred enough to ever make "well done"

I have learned a long time ago to take someones review with a grain of salt. Everyone has an oppinion and they do not always agree with mine.

We have been on the Millie a couple of times and love the ship. Granted it has been a couple of years and a lot can change. We were on her before she was Solsticed so I really can not commit on that I guess we will find out next year.

We were just on the Summit and will be on her again next month. I liked some of the new features that came with the Solstizing and didn't like some. But it really comes down to personal preference. I really prefered the Martini bar the way it was on the Millie before. I liked the Ice Bar but really don't care for the loud music that they play, to me it was more fun to be able to have a conversation then just get a headache. However I know other people who would disagree with me. To each there own I say.

Basically any day on vacation is better then being at work, even if the ship is not all that great.

I am sure you will have a great cruise!

Archived