Just Booked sky suite on Reflection 3/1-14 a few questions

sdnich

Just booked sky suite on the Reflection for next year and are looking forward to the cruise and the perks that come with the suite.We have one free dinner and are not sure which on we should pick for my husbands bday? Maybe we will book one for another day also any ideas? How difficult is it to get into Blu since we can go on availability only ?? we booked rooms 2181 and 2183 and are wondering if we will get sun on our balcony or if it is covered??And is it loud with the oceanview cafe above? any pics of the room or view?? This is only our 2nd Celebrity cruise and are very exited and would love any input. It looks like a beautiful ship and the largest we have been on..:D

Just booked sky suite on the Reflection for next year and are looking forward to the cruise and the perks that come with the suite.We have one free dinner and are not sure which on we should pick for my husbands bday? Maybe we will book one for another day also any ideas? How difficult is it to get into Blu since we can go on availability only ?? we booked rooms 2181 and 2183 and are wondering if we will get sun on our balcony or if it is covered??And is it loud with the oceanview cafe above? any pics of the room or view?? This is only our 2nd Celebrity cruise and are very exited and would love any input. It looks like a beautiful ship and the largest we have been on..:D

You are on deck 12 toward the back of the ship which is directly under the buffet/cafe. Word on the street is you can occasionally hear chair movement in the morning but nothing too bad. You are also under the "extended" level which means your deck is directly underneath an overhang reducing sun greatly. Some people like that, some people do not.:rolleyes:

AND IT'S A SUITE!! NICE :D FREE BUTLER! ;)

Edited by Doupa22

There are many lovely places to enjoy your free speciality dinner, for a birthday perhaps Muranos, (fine dining) or for a relaxed atmosphere Tuscan Grille, or, if you like adventure and quirky, Q- sine.

Muranos would be my first choice..

image.jpg.96a6ed874091e86cfe00dd10de72714c.jpg

We were hoping for some sun on our deck but I am just happy to have one!!:)And I was leaning towards Murano for the bday dinner thanks for the info we will probably try the italian on another night.How is the lawn club grill??

We were hoping for some sun on our deck but I am just happy to have one!!:)And I was leaning towards Murano for the bday dinner thanks for the info we will probably try the italian on another night.How is the lawn club grill??

You will love it! :) My advise is plan on being on your deck early in the morning for beautiful breakfast sunshine and late in the afternoon when the sun is low in the sky, then you will catch the BEST sun of the day.:D (Depending on if port side is facing the sun of course) ;)

If you want, you can even have your butler serve you a full course sunset dinner right on your veranda :) You just need to time it right. :)

after looking... we are on the port side which means we will have late sun :) and sunsets on the two sea days we have so we will look into having either dinner or sunset apps. on the deck thanks for that info. there are four of us so I am not sure if there is room for all on the deck for dinner.

after looking... we are on the port side which means we will have late sun :) and sunsets on the two sea days we have so we will look into having either dinner or sunset apps. on the deck thanks for that info. there are four of us so I am not sure if there is room for all on the deck for dinner.

Oh but you can have room!! Your rooms are side-by-side and I am pretty sure the deck dividers are REMOVABLE :) Which means you can make two decks connect. You may not be able to eat at the same table but you can enjoy each others company. How fun for you! :D

We've sailed in an Sky Suite on Eclipse and in an AQ Suite on Reflection. On Reflection we could hear the floor some above. It didn't ruin our cruise but it did wake me up a few morning.

While nothing is ever consistent with information from Celebrity, we were told by an onboard Sr. booking agent that because of the new AQ suites and additional AQ cabins that Sky Suites were not given access, even space available, to Blu. My opinion is that if you went to dine there, gave your cabin number you probably wouldn't be turned down. If you asked your butler to make a reservation, he may tell you that you couldn't dine there, but in practice it's probably not a problem to just go and eat there. Even on this last cruise where it was crowded and a few (on another review thread) complained about it being more crowded with service issues, there seemed to always be tables when we dined (more towards 8pm). Incidentally, we agree about the service issues, and even one really bad breakfast.

We've eaten in Murano 5 times since December and are almost tired of it. The food is wonderful and I would recommend using that special treat for the birthday celebration. All of the specialty restaurants were wonderful on Reflection. While it's fun, I wouldn't say overall the quality of food in Qusine is as good as any of the other specialty Restaurants.

In my opinion, Blu is less of a specialty restaurant than the others in that food in general is not cooked to order in the same way. While meat is properly prepared, many of the other dishes are more than prepped for service and this would be apparent to anyone with hospitality/F&B experience. We still prefer Blu and its atmosphere over the MDR.

Definitely order breakfast in your suite served by your butler. It's a real treat on your deck.

Happy Sailing!

We had a sky suite (stateroom 8347) on our Feb. Reflection cruise and loved it so much we booked it again for next January. We did not eat in the dining room at all, but ate every evening meal in a specialty restaurant. By far, our favorite was the Lawn Club Grill. We ate in Blu only once and was not impressed. The tables are too close together and the waiters were horribly understaffed.

We had a sky suite (stateroom 8347) on our Feb. Reflection cruise and loved it so much we booked it again for next January. We did not eat in the dining room at all, but ate every evening meal in a specialty restaurant. By far, our favorite was the Lawn Club Grill. We ate in Blu only once and was not impressed. The tables are too close together and the waiters were horribly understaffed.

LCG was our least favorite specialty ... Meat was under seasoned and the side dishes cold. Not worth $40 for sure. Nice atmosphere eating almost al fresco but less pleasant if its cool.

If you haven't done Qsine you should try it - unique presentation and a tasty array of food options in a fun setting.

Love Blu and never felt the tables were too close. No different from many upscale city restaurants in that regard.

Edited by librarylady19

Thanks for the input !! I love cruise critic for the great info you get when you just ask a question and the different prospectives !! I read alot of info on here from other cruisers and I have read most of librarylady's review on the Reflection I will go over it again since I did just booked the same itinerary . I did not know the partition between the decks opened that is an extra bonus my cruise agent did not say that.Now I just have to wait till March :(

Thanks for the input !! I love cruise critic for the great info you get when you just ask a question and the different prospectives !! I read alot of info on here from other cruisers and I have read most of librarylady's review on the Reflection I will go over it again since I did just booked the same itinerary . I did not know the partition between the decks opened that is an extra bonus my cruise agent did not say that.Now I just have to wait till March :(

I'm pretty sure you will have to ask your butler to have a mechanic unlock the dividers. :) Have fun!

I'm pretty sure you will have to ask your butler to have a mechanic unlock the dividers. :) Have fun!

It looks like you are going next month hope you have a great cruise. We were saying how great if the dividers open so thanks for that.Post when you get back if you get a chance.:)

We've sailed in an Sky Suite on Eclipse and in an AQ Suite on Reflection. On Reflection we could hear the floor some above. It didn't ruin our cruise but it did wake me up a few morning.

While nothing is ever consistent with information from Celebrity, we were told by an onboard Sr. booking agent that because of the new AQ suites and additional AQ cabins that Sky Suites were not given access, even space available, to Blu. My opinion is that if you went to dine there, gave your cabin number you probably wouldn't be turned down. If you asked your butler to make a reservation, he may tell you that you couldn't dine there, but in practice it's probably not a problem to just go and eat there. Even on this last cruise where it was crowded and a few (on another review thread) complained about it being more crowded with service issues, there seemed to always be tables when we dined (more towards 8pm). Incidentally, we agree about the service issues, and even one really bad breakfast.

We've eaten in Murano 5 times since December and are almost tired of it. The food is wonderful and I would recommend using that special treat for the birthday celebration. All of the specialty restaurants were wonderful on Reflection. While it's fun, I wouldn't say overall the quality of food in Qusine is as good as any of the other specialty Restaurants.

In my opinion, Blu is less of a specialty restaurant than the others in that food in general is not cooked to order in the same way. While meat is properly prepared, many of the other dishes are more than prepped for service and this would be apparent to anyone with hospitality/F&B experience. We still prefer Blu and its atmosphere over the MDR.

Definitely order breakfast in your suite served by your butler. It's a real treat on your deck.

Happy Sailing!

What AQ class suite number did you have?

It looks like you are going next month hope you have a great cruise. We were saying how great if the dividers open so thanks for that.Post when you get back if you get a chance.:)

Thank you :) I will post in detail...With many photos :D

We just came back from the April 6 to April 13 cruise. Our sky suite was on deck 12 also towards the aft. Cabin number 2212 and yes it was covered from the ocean view deck above but most of the morning we got the full sun and during the afternoon and sunset, We were in the shade which I Preferred so i could read a book and relax. Plus the pool deck was only one stair up if I wanted to get a tan.

We dined at the lawn club grill because our friends wanted to go there. The veal chops and lamb chops were good quality meat and my wife did the grilling herself. They were properly seasoned

The butler service was outstanding and probably one of the best surprise we had from this sailing. We had breakfast set up each morning. Latte delivered to my room each afternoon while my kids were taking a nap. Reservations at specialty, dining two nights at the Blu and once change my dining time at the mdr, all done thru the butler. My wife's dresses pressed, dry cleaned, and on the second night of our cruise. I set up a cocktail party at my cabin with trays of sushi, shrimp cocktail, spring rolls chicken satay and pizza for the kids, sparkling wine chilled, wine glasses and flute glasses set up. My guests were very impressed and this pre formal night party was the best evening ever.

We originally had a sky suite by the mid elevator but later changed to the aft because we really enjoyed the aft view better. If you are worried about the noise from the deck above. Deck 11 may be a better choice. The noise did not bother us a bit but yes you could hear the dragging of the chairs from the outdoor part of the ocean view buffet above.

Edited by Chicagocrooza

We just came back from the April 6 to April 13 cruise. Our sky suite was on deck 12 also towards the aft. Cabin number 2212 and yes it was covered from the ocean view deck above but most of the morning we got the full sun and during the afternoon and sunset, We were in the shade which I Preferred so i could read a book and relax. Plus the pool deck was only one stair up if I wanted to get a tan.

We dined at the lawn club grill because our friends wanted to go there. The veal chops and lamb chops were good quality meat and my wife did the grilling herself. They were properly seasoned

The butler service was outstanding and probably one of the best surprise we had from this sailing. We had breakfast set up each morning. Latte delivered to my room each afternoon while my kids were taking a nap. Reservations at specialty, dining two nights at the Blu and once change my dining time at the mdr, all done thru the butler. My wife's dresses pressed, dry cleaned, and on the second night of our cruise. I set up a cocktail party at my cabin with trays of sushi, shrimp cocktail, spring rolls chicken satay and pizza for the kids, sparkling wine chilled, wine glasses and flute glasses set up. My guests were very impressed and this pre formal night party was the best evening ever.

Did you have to pay for the extra food set up for your part. If so who did you arrange it with. With thanks

I did everything thru the Butler, he was the nicest guy yet profession. I tipped him right from the very first day and I continued my tipping along the way so things worked out perfectly.

The food was set up free of charge, he asked me the size of the party and I told him 8 adults and 4 kids, that's why you see pizza on the plate, I had a few bottles sparkling set up, red wine which was not in the picture.

It just happened to be my friend's mother in law birthday so he was trying to arrange a birthday cake to bring to our party but failed. So I called my Butler at 3pm and he said "Done"

He brought two chocolate cake with Happy Birthday written all over them, it turned out to be a perfect evening for everyone. Our seating was at 8:30pm and our party was set up from 7-8:30pm

Here's another pic of the breakfast set up by our butler at St. Thomas

ry%3D480

I did everything thru the Butler, he was the nicest guy yet profession. I tipped him right from the very first day and I continued my tipping along the way so things worked out perfectly.

The food was set up free of charge, he asked me the size of the party and I told him 8 adults and 4 kids, that's why you see pizza on the plate, I had a few bottles sparkling set up, red wine which was not in the picture.

It just happened to be my friend's mother in law birthday so he was trying to arrange a birthday cake to bring to our party but failed. So I called my Butler at 3pm and he said "Done"

He brought two chocolate cake with Happy Birthday written all over them, it turned out to be a perfect evening for everyone. Our seating was at 8:30pm and our party was set up from 7-8:30pm

Here's another pic of the breakfast set up by our butler at St. Thomas

ry%3D480

Thank you. That is a GREAT photo!:) Makes me want to be there right NOW :( I was planning on daily tipping but then I read some butlers are offended. :confused: This is the one thing that I am not sure what to do..Maybe I will just ask our butler on day one.

Edited by Doupa22