Just seen it with my own eyes

Vitality08

Checking prices for Alaska cruises for July 2014 with Carnival, RC, and NCL and low and behold for an inside, solo traveler, Carnival is the most expensive of all three.

I've seen people SAY they've gotten better deals on the other lines but I've never personally experienced it.

This is not a slight on Carnival at all because that's who I have mostly sailed with but I'm actually quite shocked that they are the most expensive of all three lines.

HAL is usually the cheapest actually, since they have 3 ships. I would check their price to Alaska as well.

Carnival has one ship and some that are loyal no matter what it costs, so they often are the most expensive to Alaska.

Makes the most sense.

I always get a email with special prices on HAL startingl like $349 for early May .. but those cabins are often gone by the time I check them... so Im on Carnival this August... to Alaska.

It was the deal that came up with my TA at the time, not necessarily the cheapest.. but carnival here I come to Alaska this year.

It is not just Alaska cruises. We are pricing cruises to the Caribbean this December and Holland America and Princess (with the Princess military discount) are cheaper than Carnival. NCL is only a couple of dollars more.

Carnival is not always the cheapest anymore as some people tend to think. Pays to compare.

We are sailing on Holland America to Alaska because of price. It was the 2nd cheapest (NCL was #1). Carnival was a good $700 more for a crappier itinerary.

HAL is usually the cheapest actually, since they have 3 ships. I would check their price to Alaska as well.

Carnival has one ship and some that are loyal no matter what it costs, so they often are the most expensive to Alaska.

I agree with you

It is not just Alaska cruises. We are pricing cruises to the Caribbean this December and Holland America and Princess (with the Princess military discount) are cheaper than Carnival. NCL is only a couple of dollars more.

Carnival is not always the cheapest anymore as some people tend to think. Pays to compare.

[/quote

Well I compare a lot and Carnival is the cheapest to the Caribbean

I pay for my cruise on the imagination 4 days April 15........OV deck 7

$175 with all taxes incluled and no flight I live in Mia.

NCL, also has 3 ships in Alaska. Our Alaska cruise this June for a Balcony on NCL, was just $40 more pp than an interior on CCL. I agree with FireFly, look at HAL, Princess, or NCL. I know I've said it before and all of Alaska is beautiful but these three lines have control of just about all the slots to enter Glacier Bay. If going to Alaska Glacier Bay, is the place to see.

Well I compare a lot and Carnival is the cheapest to the Caribbean

I pay for my cruise on the imagination 4 days April 15........OV deck 7

$175 with all taxes incluled and no flight I live in Mia.

This past December cruises we booked to the Caribbean:

8 day Carnival out of Miami $575pp or $72per day

6 day Carnival out of Miami $399 or $66 per day

7 day Princess out of Ft. Lauderdale $399pp plus a $50pp obc or $50 per day

This December looking at doing b2b on Carnival 14 days it is $66 per day, Holland America 14 days is $62 per day, and Princess 14 days is $61 per day per person.

Archived