September weather in Vancouver?

We will be in Vancouver Pre-cruise Sept 13-17, 2013. What will the weather be like? Will we need more than light jackets or sweaters. We have a tour to Whistler MTN. I assume it will be cooler there. Any advice?

You'll be good with the clothes that you are bringing for your Alaska trip. On average, the weather in Vancouver in September is usually pretty nice. Since you are coming from TN, you might find it a little cooler then you are used to in the evenings.

You'll be good with the clothes that you are bringing for your Alaska trip. On average, the weather in Vancouver in September is usually pretty nice. Since you are coming from TN, you might find it a little cooler then you are used to in the evenings.

WE are not going on the Alaska cruise in Sept. We are going to Hawaii in Sept.

If you mean the same clothes for our June Alaska trip, that makes sense.

Thank you.

Have a look here for statistical weather info for Vancouver (I've preselected Imperial data for you so you won't need to convert from Metric). If you've got an appropriate outer shell and inner layers for a June trip to Alaska, it should certainly cope with our September weather. Whistler will likely be as hot or even hotter than Vancouver is - it's in a sort of bowl between mountains, so it can really warm up when it's sunny. Lower humidity though and at night it will be a few degrees cooler than Van.

Thank you.

Oops, my bad. I assumed you were taking a late Alaska trip. Yes, same clothes for your June Alaska trip. You won't need a winter coat.

We will be in Vancouver Pre-cruise Sept 13-17, 2013. What will the weather be like? Will we need more than light jackets or sweaters. We have a tour to Whistler MTN. I assume it will be cooler there. Any advice?

My advice is to get the best weather forecast you can, once in Vancouver, for the day you plan to go to Whistler. It can get so foggy in the higher elevations, that you can't see your hand in front of your face. We had that problem at Grouse Mountain, on our last trip. It was sunny and 70 when we left Vancouver, and it was nice at the base of the mountain. But half way up the funicular, we encountered heavy fog, and the rest of the day was spent meandering slowly through pea soup.:(

No beautiful view of the Vancouver harbor for us...:p

Thank you.

Hawaii in September - sounds great!

Actually, Hawaii sounds great any time of year.

Which ship are you sailing to Hawaii :confused::confused:

Hawaii in September - sounds great!

Actually, Hawaii sounds great any time of year.

Which ship are you sailing to Hawaii :confused::confused:

Carnival Miracle 15 days Sept 17-Oct 2

Leave from Vancouver, BC

returns to Long Beach, CA

Carnival Miracle 15 days Sept 17-Oct 2

Leave from Vancouver, BC

returns to Long Beach, CA

You will have a blast. We sailed from Vancouver to Hawaii on the Spirit, and loved it! Have you booked your hotel in Vancouver?

You will have a blast. We sailed from Vancouver to Hawaii on the Spirit, and loved it! Have you booked your hotel in Vancouver?

Yes, we are staying at the Blue Horizon Hotel for 4 nights. It's in a good location downtown and we got a good price.

Archived