Concerned about cabin move

Kathy with a K

Just read an email from my TA which included new booking information! Oceania has upgraded me to a B1 at no additional cost! (I had been willing to pay the difference between the B3 H/C reassignment and the cost of another midship stateroom.) So I am still mid-ship and have been gifted with a balcony which will not be taken away due to being H/C. Oceania is as good as it gets!

Thank you all for your help!

Kathy

Just read an email from my TA which included new booking information! Oceania has upgraded me to a B1 at no additional cost! (I had been willing to pay the difference between the B3 H/C reassignment and the cost of another midship stateroom.) So I am still mid-ship and have been gifted with a balcony which will not be taken away due to being H/C. Oceania is as good as it gets!

Kathy

Kathy,

I am glad it all worked out for you. Looks like O stepped up to the plate (as they usually do).

Enjoy your cruise!

Kathy

FDR truly does run a class-act company. So glad it worked out well for you, Kathy.

Enjoy your Oceania cruise experience.

(I truly wish there was a "like" button on the CC board. This outcome totally deserves to be "liked".)

• 2 weeks later...
We normally do not agree with the other's view, but in this case I must add you are right on the mark. This thread is yet another example of people offering advice and views when the bottom line facts are not known and the end result is utter clutter.

Utter clutter is good, but so is udder rudder. :)

Yes, FDR is wonderful about correcting problems before they fester, but I simply don't believe that Oceania would EVER move a passenger out of a cabin without first getting their permission to do so.

They just do not DO things that way.

Oceania does DO things that way.

We were moved from our cabin which was not a guarantee. Our booking confirmed the cabin we requested from day 1 right through up to boarding. We didn't find out about the cabin switch until we got on the ship and received our Oceania card. Oceania never asked our permission and never notified us or our TA. When we asked why they did this they did not have an answer and made no effort to get the answer. I believe we were changed in order for an alumni group on board to have cabins in the same vicinity.

When we booked our first O cruise about a year before sailing, we booked a Guaranty, Cat. G. When we were assigned an HC cabin right after booking I was a little unsure about it.

Well, they didn't need to move us and we were pleasantly surprised. We actually called it "Our Inside Suite". Lots more space than the regular inside. I don't know how much larger one of the other categories would be.

You may be pleasantly surprised and like it.

If they do have to move you and can't give the Cat. you booked, negotiate for a great upgrade. PH Suite?

Enjoy yoour cruise.

Joanne

Did you get a better category cabin?

O moved us down the hall several cabins toward the center of the ship. I really don't know if it was a "better" cabin. I believe the cabins in the center are a higher category but I don't know if moving a few cabins down put us in the next group. What irked me was the fact that we never asked or notified and neither was our TA. In additional they couldn't or wouldn't give us an explanation. We really didn't care and didn't want to waste any time so we just went to the new cabin. I just want to make a point that O does to this type of thing albeit not often.

O moved us down the hall several cabins toward the center of the ship. I really don't know if it was a "better" cabin. I believe the cabins in the center are a higher category but I don't know if moving a few cabins down put us in the next group. What irked me was the fact that we never asked or notified and neither was our TA. In additional they couldn't or wouldn't give us an explanation. We really didn't care and didn't want to waste any time so we just went to the new cabin. I just want to make a point that O does to this type of thing albeit not often.

This happened to us once as well - many years ago. I specifically booked one of the forward facing veranda cabins (deck 6 or 7) and we got moved at the time of boarding without prior notice. At least we were moved to a PH on deck 8 :D

This happened to us once as well - many years ago. I specifically booked one of the forward facing veranda cabins (deck 6 or 7) and we got moved at the time of boarding without prior notice. At least we were moved to a PH on deck 8 :D

At least you made out on the deal. I would have been in sailing heaven if they moved us to a PH (lol). Looking on the the bright side at least we weren't in the middle of the partying Aggies. Fun group on that cruise.

Archived