can I rent a travelscoot for the ship?

sharpasice

THANK YOU!!! Funny I did call the cruise line special needs dept just 2 days ago & they never told me about a form..I'll call them again..and the rental for the scooter is very reasonable..I really appreciate your help!!!:D

Here's the link to RCCL's Special Needs Form that you can complete & submit on line

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/guestSpecialNeeds.do

Can someone post the prices they've paid to rent a scooter?

It seems that the companies that rent scooters have succumbed to the temptation to do as the much of the rest of the handicapped industry does - quote no prices, and tell people to call them.

Can someone post the prices they've paid to rent a scooter?

It seems that the companies that rent scooters have succumbed to the temptation to do as the much of the rest of the handicapped industry does - quote no prices, and tell people to call them.

The reason the rental companies require you to call them is that the prices are dependent on many variables. Too many that the companies realistically can't post all the costs. Also because the equipment rented is dependent on the users weight/height which is a very critical issue, the company wants to make certain the proper piece of mobility equipment is being quoted/ordered.

Criteria for rental prices

• Port of embarkation
  • Port of debarkation
  • number of days
  • weight/height of individual renting the scooter
  • type of scooter required due to the individual's weight/height
  • whether the scooter is to be delivered to and picked up from the ship. Or that a pre-cruise/post-cruise delivery or pickup is required.

Also the prices between www.CareVacations.com and www.Specialneedsatsea.com vary and also the equipment between both companies is not apples to apples in each category.

Therefore just asking someone what they paid without knowing all the variables that went into that cost involved doesn't really help .

>> Criteria for rental prices

• Port of embarkation
  • Port of debarkation
  • number of days
  • whether the scooter is to be delivered to and picked up from the ship. Or that a pre-cruise/post-cruise delivery or pickup is required.

Let me see.

I can rent a car anywhere in the U.S. within minutes. That's anywhere. The rental company will give me the rates whenever I ask, for the smallest to the largest car.

At this stage I'm considering renting a scooter or taking my own chair. I need to know what the costs are.

How would you respond to someone who asked you what a cruise cost before expenses? Could you say, depending on the cruise, it would cost you from under $500 to the sky's the limit? And could you say that a typical cruise will cost around $1,000 or more?

Not exact, clearly, but not too hard.

>> Criteria for rental prices

• Port of embarkation
  • Port of debarkation
  • number of days

Let me see.

I can rent a car anywhere in the U.S. within minutes. That's anywhere. The rental company will give me the rates whenever I ask, for the smallest to the largest car.

At this stage I'm considering renting a scooter or taking my own chair. I need to know what the costs are.

How would you respond to someone who asked you what a cruise cost before expenses? Could you say, depending on the cruise, it would cost you from under $500 to the sky's the limit? And could you say that a typical cruise will cost around $1,000 or more?

Not exact, clearly, but not too hard.

The same can be done for scooter rentals. All you have to do is place a phone call to the scooter company. The scooter rental companies give quotes all the time and there's no obligation.

Oh dear.

I posted that I could get rates for rental cars anywhere in the U.S. I can also get details of houses for rent, renting floor polishers from building superstores, and many others.

All of these people will provide rates on-line.

And no doubt all of these "no-obligation" scooter rentals that require you to call them would never call you back when you didn't ask for it, nor get your address by reverse-searching the phone number, or pass your info on to any other third party.

I'm sure that everyone here loves unasked-for sales telephone calls or junk mail.

Still, I won't call scooter rental companies because no doubt all their time is taken up with people who have to be told, "Just because someone (whose weight or particular needs are unknown) mentioned that they rented a scooter for some period of time, in some port going to some where, we can't match that price." I'm sure everyone is so dumb that whenever they reserve something to rent on-line, they can't accept that maybe the rates could be different for different things, so they just stay on the line forever while the patient salesperson explains over and over what the procedure is.

Maybe I should sit here quietly and not ask questions like disabled people are supposed to do.

P.S. The amount some people have paid is around $300-$400.

And no doubt all of these "no-obligation" scooter rentals that require you to call them would never call you back when you didn't ask for it, nor get your address by reverse-searching the phone number, or pass your info on to any other third party.

I'm sure that everyone here loves unasked-for sales telephone calls or junk mail.

You certainly are entitled to your opinion . However for what it's worth people on this CC forum that have either called for a quote or rented a scooter from CareVacations and or SpecialNeedsatSea will confirm that neither of these companies will make unsolicited phone calls nor have they received junk mail as result of such call. Have been dealing with CareVacations for over 6 years have never once received an "unasked-for sales telephone calls or junk mail"

• 1 month later...

Archived