Santa Monica to San Pedro

Manitoban

I am cruising out of San Pedro on May 6th. However, I am staying in Santa Monica at the Huntley Santa Monica for 3 days prior. My dilemma now - is how to get to the Pier. I've checked into taxis and they cost approx $80 plus tip. ExecuCar seems to be the only option for other transportation at $141.88. Anybody have any suggestions that would be cheaper?

Have you checked a shared van service such as Super Shuttle or Prime Time Shuttle? You will probably have several stops enroute, but the total time won't be too terrible and it will be cheaper than Execucar or a taxi.

Does your Santa Monica hotel have a shuttle to LAX? If so, you could "connect" to a shared van, the advantage being there will be a flat rate of about $17p-p and they probably won't stop enroute if they fill the van at the airport.

The last option is public transit...that said, it isn't set up for people with luggage, will burn up a lot of your valuable vacation time, and pass through some sketchy areas of the city in a very indirect routing.

Looking at the SuperShuttle website quote widget...

Choose "one way TO an Airport"...

Scroll all the way to the bottom and they list LA Harbor...

Then choose hotel and type in "Huntley"...

They'll quote you $43 for first person plus $9 for the second passenger...

Or, for Business Express Svc by ExecuCarExpress, $62 for the first plus zero for additional passengers up to 4...

The first is a shared shuttle...but, for just $10 more, you get a town car with no other stops...

All plus a tip of course...

Archived