Considering the Triumph issues....

DTXCruiser

Reaching out to experienced cruisers here:

Considering the issues Triumph is having. I am gambling and considering a trip on Her in early 2014.

If she doesn't return, or if she is extensively refurbished and moved to another port...what happens to my trip?

I have some experience in traveling and can take an educated guess as to what happens, but I would really like to here from someone that has actually gone through this, real life experience.

Thanks for your input!

I agree...she'll probably return, I think it could be possible she is moved though.

I guess my curiosity revolves around weather they would offer a credit or just transfer me to the new ship in Galveston or I would have to travel to the next port, etc.

Probably too much to think about this early...but I'm a huge planner!

I agree...she'll probably return, I think it could be possible she is moved though.

I guess my curiosity revolves around weather they would offer a credit or just transfer me to the new ship in Galveston or I would have to travel to the next port, etc.

She wont be moved.

Galveston is a very popular cruise port, too popular in fact for Carnival to remove tonnage from the area.

I would book Triumph if they would put her back in New Orleans.

It seems like they usually put the nicer ships in Galveston, so you should be okay even if they put another ship in Triumph's place.

I would say its not going to happen that they replace triumph with another ship, since only Triumph and Legend are that size .. and anything bigger they would save for 7 day cruises. We are lucky to have had Triumph for the 4/5 day cruises to replace Ecstasy.

We have Magic for the 7 day cruises out of here.

We had a cruise booked on the Conquest out of New Orleans, then there was Hurricane Katrina! The Conquest was moved to Galveston, we could have canceled and gotten a full refund or we could go to Galveston. We went to Galveston and each got a $50 OBC. The hurricane was in Sept. and our cruise was in Oct. I'm not sure how far out they made this offer but I think if your cruise was in the penalty phase you could cancel and get a refund.

I would think if they moved the ship you would be offered a refund but they would not transfer you to another ship. I agree with other posters that they probably won't move the Triumph from Galveston. If they are still taking bookings for 2014 then they have no current plans to move her.

I would say its not going to happen that they replace triumph with another ship, since only Triumph and Legend are that size .. and anything bigger they would save for 7 day cruises. We are lucky to have had Triumph for the 4/5 day cruises to replace Ecstasy.

We have Magic for the 7 day cruises out of here.

True.

It is lucky for people closer to Galveston to have Triumph for five day cruises!

I was thrilled when Triumph was doing five days from New Orleans.

Five days works so much better for us with DH's job responsibilities and keeping up with things and people at home.

My sister and my daughters and I did a girl's cruise on Triumph out of New Orleans after the death of my mom.

We needed it.

I loved Triumph so much that I insisted that my husband and son cruise her too.

I got to do two Triumph cruises in one summer and it was great.:D

Triumph is my favorite ship.

(Conquest is okay.

And Elation is pretty, but a bit on the lower side of okay.)

Archived