Taxis at Livorno port

Courier95

Read that it can be difficult to get a taxi from the port to the railway station as the drivers are looking for longer journeys. Has anyone been successful in doing this? Appreciate that there is a shuttle but would prefer to use a taxi.

This can be an issue at times. What we did was make sure we were in the first group off the ship and we walked right up to the taxis and asked to go to the train station. There was a guy there who directed us to a taxi which took us, I think it was 20 or 25€. The harder part is when you get back as the whole train empties out and the taxis get taken pretty quickly. I would be sure you are versed in how to get to the ships shuttle via bus 1. I have attached a couple of maps that may help.

288636007_Livorno_portmapoverview2.jpg.9ec08442d41fe8d0c450e1b164dd22b0.jpg

208305868_Livorno_portmapoverview.jpg.7166d4ee7b2ca3cc747d68d48b8e6f1c.jpg

We had no trouble at all getting a taxi at the port to take us to the train station and the man in charge was very nice and did not try to make us take a tour or anything like that. However, we did get off the ship first thing, so that could have made the difference. It was 25 euros (+ tip) for 6 people. We actually grouped with others coming off the ship and we left long before the shuttle buses. Upon our return at the train station, we also had no trouble getting a taxi. There were lots of people heading back to the port so everyone was sharing.

But, I agree with KirkNC, you might want to make sure to have information with you in case you need to make alternate plans.

Archived