Transfers in New York--or cab?

movinout

Just booked a first time sail from New York cruise on NCL Jewel. Could anyone tell me if there is an advantage of transfers over a cab in that location? Flying into La Guardia. We arrive on a non stop by 9AM day of cruise and am hoping nothing cancels or delays that flight. Flying in day of is a risk I'd guess... Thanks for info and happy cruising.

A cab WAS $35-$40 mid-town/Lagardia plus bridge toll. Remember, that's per cab, not per person and of course, each way. I have not used one for a while, and with gas prices continuing to go up, it might be $5-$10 more, now. How much are the transfers per person, and is that price round trip?

I would say, if it is only a matter of a few dollars difference anyway, take a cab. You will not have to wait for the transfer bus to fill up, you can get to the port quicker, and you will have a bit more control over your transportation. If you don't want to catch a cab, another option is to pre-arrange with a limo company to have a car and driver waiting for you at the airport when you arrive. It will probably be 50 or 60 dollars + tip, but they will track your flight and adjust for any delays.

When we took the QM2 last fall out of NYC, we had a limo pick us up at our hotel, take us to breakfast at a nice diner, then give us a 2-2 1/2 hour tour of Manhattan. He dropped us off the pier around 11 am. The cost was around $240. There were four of us, but since we had 12 night's worth of luggage, we got a stretch limo. If you get a smaller sedan, the cost would be less.

Enjoy,

Bill

Archived