what do they sell in the gift shops.

loxley

Graduation celebration cruise coming up soon. I am having no luck finding a graduation present so it occured to me, maybe I could find something on the ship.

i do not shop while on vacation and I have only been in the shops one time a long time ago, so I really don't remember the types of things they have.

Any ideas for a male and a female?

They'll have a large selection of watches for both male and female with a wide range in price. There will probably be a watch sale mid week. Always a nice graduation present.

Happy sailing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I haven't seen anything I'd consider as a graduation gift - and you'd have to haul it home. Are you flying?

Gift shops have those individual bead bracelets, liquor, snacks, Carnival Tshirts, a few toys, trinkets, stuffed singing parrots, Carnival-themed luggage tags, perfumes and cosmetics, and a few clothing items. The photo area sells a few cameras.

As for the big watch sale midweek, my teen and 20-somethings tell me that "nobody" wears a watch these days. They all glance at their cell phones for the time!

On the last sea day, our ship had a nice selection of glass sea life sculptures, 2 for $15. My sister and I collect these so it was a nice surprise. Probably not good enough for a graduation gift, but nice for a birthday or some other occasion.

The sea life sculptures are an idea.

The problem i am having is they already had absolutely everything. They would die before they would put a watch on. They have every camera, ipad, mp3 player on the market. Their closets are bursting with clothes. They also have more cash than i do, so that is really out too.

I had solved the bday/xmas problem by buying them something that could be eaten, but I wanted the graduation present to be something different.

Maybe a cruise photo album is an idea.

As for the big watch sale midweek, my teen and 20-somethings tell me that "nobody" wears a watch these days. They all glance at their cell phones for the time!

Depends who is graduating. DH got a lovely Movado when he finished his PhD (he was 29). He wears it all the time.

ETA: OP posted while I posted. Watch is out for that gift! As I said, gifts depends on the person. Honestly, I despite the 'they have more cash than I do', I'd still go with cash. Whatever you'd spend on the gift, write a check. Everyone likes money :) You could go with a classic gift like a pen- it is more symbolic than useful.

Is the graduate going on the cruise? Buy them a shore excursion.

They are my sister's twins, graduating from high school. Boy and girl and headed to college. Not sure how long that will last, but they are enrolled.

Thanks for the ideas. My brain had started to hurt.

As for cost, well not too crazy, but whatever i find cost.

Although a bit off topic (my post)....you're correct! The career center at our University shared with our faculty that some employers are stereotyping potential employees by whether or not they wear watches. Wearing a watch *may* make you look older, more 'dated' than if you do not wear a watch.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread... :D

Ok, to be relevant...

Money. Cold hard cash. Or a gift card.

When trying to choose for a teen going to college...it's a no-win situation, lol.

Money, on the other hand, is always a winner. In this way, they can combine their 'gifts' to purchase something they really need/want for college. My niece, who just started this year, for example, bought a new iPad with some of her graduation money.

If you would like to make it more meaningful and personal, perhaps include an engraved locket for your niece or something along those lines. Something they can keep and that will not that will 'go out of style' within a year (ie. like music, etc.), yet will have meaning in years to come. Perhaps present the token gift, along with a nice card and the money, at the dinner when a graduation cake is delivered.

Why limit it to just the onboard ship's stores. Go ashore on the islands you stop at and you can find all kinds of neat gifts.

From what we've seen on our last few cruises, the things available in the onboard shops have really gone downhill. Yes, you can spend a fortune on jewelry, watches, perfumes, etc. but not much else.

While Carnival sells mostly China crap in their shops, and most kids nowadays have everything, I would put some money in an envelope and let them buy whatever they want. No disappointments, and less hassle for everyone.

Archived